20; Locked Away

(Takes place in Alexandria)
Carl and I went to collect supplies for the next mission everyone was going on until I went to get more supplies from a closet and he locked me inside of it.

"What the hell Carl?!" I kept banging on the door the next bang louder. "What happens if you don't come back? Huh? How am I supposed to live without you?!" I got no reply so I slowly backed up to the end of the closet and fell to the floor crying. I hugged my knees and cried. After a few minutes of this I got up and wiped away my tears. I banged on the door again.

"Hey asshole, I don't know if your still out there but if you are I love you and I know you'll come back safe." The lock clicked and Carl pushed inside. I looked up at him and wiped away my tears. He looked down at me and smiled. He pulled me close to him and kissed me. We pulled away and I put my head to his chest. I always loved listening to his steady heart beat.

"I was thinking of leaving you in here but then I heard how hurt you were and then you started crying. I didn't have the heart too. I was just trying to protect the best thing going for me."
I blushed and looked back up at him.

"I'm the best thing going for you?" He cupped my face and pecked my lips. He laughed then continued. "Yes you are. You've always been there for me even in my worst and I'm thankful to have you in my life."

281 words

Short but sweet ❤️