Chapter 9

Alchemy: Magic vs. Science

-.-

D/C: I own nothing.

-.-

First Name: Informal

Last Name: Formal (Or used to annoy others...)

-.-

"English and Edward's accented voice."

"Amestrian, other foreign languages or to add emphasis."

Written notes or to add extra emphasize.

'Thoughts.'

-.-

"Where is Professor Elric?"

"Isn't he in the Medical Wing?"

"He escaped."

"Then where is he now?"

"What happened to him...?" Severus muttered under his breath, he walked at a high pace looking for Edward to no avail. Alchemy classroom, nothing. Edward's room, nothing. Potions classroom, nothing. Great Hall, nothing. Greenhouse, nothing. There is no point searching in the Medical wing, Edward made it a point to leave that place. Now he is at a complete blank at where he should look next. The last thing Severus needed is to find Edward dead. That will not be good for anyone.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Severus stopped mid-stride, he looked over his shoulder to see a familiar owl pecking at the window repeatedly. Glancing around to see that no one was around, he reached over to open the window and Xerxes rammed herself onto him. Severus grimaced, he grabbed hold of the owl and held her at an arms distance. "What?"

Xerxes hooted repeatedly and giving Severus a panic look. She kept trying to wiggle out of his grasp and this only caused the Potions Professor to tighten his grasp. "Do you know where Edward is?"

Xerxes gave him a deadpanned look, almost saying 'duh'. Severus ignored that look and allows the owl to pull him along the School. While they are doing this, Severus glared at anyone that saw him following Xerxes. The last thing he needed is whispers that included him. After what seemed like forever, Xerxes led him to an open window. Silently praying that he won't see Edward had fallen out the window and see his mangled body down below. That will ruin his day.

"Hello... Someone... Help me..."

"Oh great..."

-.-

"Shut up..."

"Excuse me?"

"Not you, Xerxes. She is laughing at me." Edward said, glaring down at his owl that made herself cozy in his arms. Xerxes actual gave him smug looks every time Edward looked down at her. "Stop zat!"

"You did manage to get yourself stuck on a roof." Severus stated not even bothering to hide his smirk.

"I got lost, dammit!"

"How in the world did you even end up on the roof?"

"...I haffe no idea..."

"...the roof..."

"Shut up."

"Who? Me or Xerxes?"

"The both of you!" Edward shouted back, he then started to rumble on under his breath. He felt everyone was out to get him; then again, this wasn't new to him. He did have it coming to him, for managing to get stuck on a roof. Edward glanced back at Severus curiously. "Hey...Hey...Hey!"