Chapter eight: Survival, Reader's Decision!

(Option A)

      'Have Shino perform the healing spell or have him help out Kagome? What do I do? If I use the Healing the spell, my hand will be healed, and I could help somehow, but if I have Shino help Kagome, we might find some other way of getting out of here!' My thoughts raced as I tried to make the right choice.

      Then it clicks just like that as I quickly look over at Shino, who was still patiently waiting for my orders, his dark beady eyes staring intently into my hues. 'If this works, we,' I thought as I swallow the lump that had formed in my throat. 'We might get out of this.' I added while I forced myself to sit up.

      "Shino, I want you to heal me!" I quickly announced, which caught Kagome off guard for only a moment.

      "What are you going to do, (_________)," Kagome asked as she glanced over her shoulder before looking back towards the two brothers.

      "I think I got a plan," I replied as I glance over to where I saw Miroku and Inuyasha had seemingly frozen in place. "Well, a plan that can hopefully work out for us," I added as I gave her the best reassuring look that I could muster.

     "Well, anything is worth a shot, I suppose," Shino mumbled aloud as he gave the back of his ear a scratch with his hind paw.

      "I don't know about this, (________)." Kagome mumbled as I watch Shino stand up and stretch out his body.

      "Don't worry, Kagome," I calmly spoke, looking around the darkening area, I notice that Shippo had crawled away somewhere. 'I hope he found someplace safe.' My thoughts ran as I glance back towards Shino, nodding my head to let him know that he could continue.

      The Inu no Kami stood up from his spot. I watched him walk over slowly as his snout hovered just inches over my severely injured hand. My hand was numb to feel his breath against my wound as I watch him, his usual black beady eyes started to glow a warm amber along with an amber light that engulfed my entire body. Warmth covers my skin and injecting itself into my veins as it flooded my senses, it didn't hurt. Instead, a dull numb tingling sensation enveloped me; I wasn't afraid of this odd feeling that is coursing through my body at an alarming rate. Welcoming it into my being as I felt newfound energy bubbling up inside of me, closing my eyes as I let everything drown out while Shino worked his spell.

      "Amazing." I could hear Kagome's soft gasp as I remained still, softly rustling came from my left along with soft pattering of feet.

      "Kagome! Kagome!" Shippo's voice erupted along with himself from the brush. "Look, I manage to find you some more arrows!" I could hear the pride in his words, along with the soft rattling of wood.

      "Good job, Shippo," Kagome responded as I could feel Shino's powers coming to an end.

      "What's going on with, (_________)?" Shippo asked as I could feel all the aches, pains, and fatigue leaving my body. "Is she going to be okay?" He asked again but almost a bit softer with a hint of concern in his voice.

      "I'm sure Shino is doing his best, but I know that she'll be fine, Shippo," Kagome replied gently with reassurance laced in with her tone.

      Moments later, the warmth that had enveloped me before was now disappearing as I opened my eyes slowly. Glancing at my hand that once held a terrible injury, had now been completely restored like it hadn't happened. Looking over at Shino, noticing his somewhat wobbly stature, as he flopped around on his side upon the soft grass with his breathing becoming disheveled. A short burst of pants as I watch his eyes half-lidded, 'He must have overly excreted himself.' I thought to myself while petting his side, feeling the silky soft white fur against the palm of my hand and under my fingertips.