Chapter thirteen: Rin's Wish and Sesshomaru's Request!

It's one thing to find out that my clothes have been virtually discarded while I slept, but it's another to have this demon Lord I supposed giving me a kimono out of the blue. I don't know if I should feel blessed or feel like I'm being lead astray, glancing over the delicately intricate designs of flora and petals. His molten gold eyes and expression only seem to darken by the annoyance of the unruly seconds it took me to process what he was, in fact, handing over to me. With the simple saddle blanket draped over my body and Rin's eager eyes staring at the folded fabric.

      "Is it not to your taste?" His voice didn't falter in any way. He only continues to hold that unamused expression. "Or perhaps you just prefer to be in the nude?"

      I quickly snatch up the kimono as I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. My eyes felt like they were bulging as I gap at Sesshomaru like a fish out of water. Holding it against my chest in pure utter shock of what he just implied, let alone to talk to me in such a way, gripping the fabrics tighter as I take a step back.

      "It's fine, thank you!" The sentence fell like a waterfall of words. Tumbling from my lips while glaring at him with all of my might. Upon taking the blouse into my arms, I notice that there were actually two instead of one like I had initially thought. I see Rin is still looking at me with those none judgmental eyes of hers. 'Maybe one's for Rin?' The question hanged at the far corner of my mind as I heard Sesshomaru's steady footsteps walking further away from us as he doesn't utter another word.

      Deciding not to think about it any further than need is that I find it best to get dressed behind some thickets of trees and bushes from unwanted peering eyes. The more that I looked at the blouse, the more surprised I became. The fabric felt of silk, but something was off. More so, the base color just so happens to be one of my favorites, with a strip of silver lining a sliver of both collar and sleeves. The flora and petals coloring is beautifully complementing the background, the way they flowed across the torso and the sleeves made it look like they were changing colors right before my eyes. The obi sash itself has matched the color of the flowers in the design, I could vaguely remember the proper way of putting on and wearing a kimono, but I didn't know that I would be putting those skills to the test so soon.

      Letting the blanket to pool down at my feet as I held out the blouse out in front of me, giving it another once over to see if it'll fit my size. Sliding my arms through the full sleeves, smoothing out the fabric against my body with my palms while feeling the smooth surface under my fingertips. Overall it felt a bit snug around my waist and bust to my growing concern as tired over and over to get it was I wanted it to be, tugging the fabric in different places as I fussed with it more.

      "Oh, wow! Lady (_________) you look so pretty in that kimono!" Rin's started me as she emerged from some parted shrubs. Her eyes held that innocent glint of wonder and awe as she looks me over in the new outfit that I am forced to wear, but I do feel a bit better getting a compliment.

      "Thank you, Rin!" A smile graces my lips before I suddenly remember the other kimono that I got from the Lord. "Here, I think this was for you." Holding out the other yet smaller blouse within my grasp to meet her gaze with a grin plastered over her sweet round face the moment she takes it into her arms with care.

      "Does he do this often, Rin?" The more that I looked at her gentle smile, I found myself asking aloud the one question bothering me. Her doe-brown eyes that look so much like my dear friend Kagome's that I can't bring myself to look away, the tugging feeling of loneliness at my heart-strings once again. 'What Am I going to do now? I don't even know where to go to get back to Kaeda's! And that Sesshomaru is a demon, right? He isn't amicable. What will he do when he gets tired of me? What if he's only baiting me to trust him before he eats me alive?' Once again, my thoughts bubbled up as I bring myself down to a squatting position, reaching eye-level with her.