Dead in the Wather, happy birthday Lidy

WILL CARLTON sits on the kitchen counter eating cereal, BILL CARLTON at the table reading the newspaper

WILL CARLTON sits on the kitchen counter eating cereal, BILL CARLTON at the table reading the newspaper. SOPHIE CARLTON comes through the room.

SOPHIE kisses her father on the cheek.

SOPHIE
Morning, Daddy.

BILL
Morning, sweetheart.

SOPHIE goes to get something out of the refrigerator.

WILL
All these workouts, Soph, I don't know. Guys don't like buff girls.

SOPHIE
Yeah, well, girls don't like guys who still live at home.

WILL drains the milk from his cereal bowl and slides off the counter.

WILL
Ha ha ha.

SOPHIE
Ha ha.

SOPHIE opens the door to leave.

BILL
Be careful.

SOPHIE
I will.

SOPHIE closes the door.

                 SOPHIE stands on the dock, looking at the lake. WILL watches from a distance as she dives in. She swims and comes up for air, looking around; she sees no one. She keeps swimming. She comes up for air again and looks around some more; still no one. SOMEONE approaches her from underwater and pulls her under. Bubbles. Nothing.

A truck goes past a neon sign that says HOTEL, behind a building that says THE Lynnwood INN. The Impala is parked in front.

There is a mostly empty plate in front of DEAN, who is circling obituaries in a newspaper.

DEAN circles an obituary that reads:

CARLTON, SOPHIE -The Carlton family is sad to announce the death of their beloved daughter in a tragic swimming accident. Sophie Carlton, 18, was having her [...] Lake Manitoc WI, an [...] suddenly [...]

An attractive WAITRESS, whose nametag says WENDY, approaches.

WAITRESS
Can I get you two anything else?

She ask's as she bends over to pick up Dean and Sam's plate,  DEAN looks up and grins around the pen he was chewing on, while Lydia ignores the waitress and continues working on her birthday pie which was strawberry her favorite. just as SAM comes over and sits down Rolling his eyes at his brother flirting with the woman right in front of his daughter.

SAM
Just the check, please.

WENDY
Okay.

WENDY walks away. DEAN drops his head, then looks at SAM.

DEAN
You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun once in a while.

DEAN points to WENDY walking away; she's wearing short shorts.