HOME

IN LAWRENCE, KANSAS. A young woman, JENNY, is sitting on the floor of her home, unpacking boxes. She comes across a photo of herself and her husband at their wedding. She begins to cry she misses him so much she doesn't understand still why he had to die she was commiserating in her sad memories when her daughter, SARI, comes in the room.

SARI: Mommy?

JENNY looks up.

JENNY: Hey, sweetie. Why arent you in bed?

SARI: Theres something in my closet.

this has become routine lately, JENNY opens the closet doors and looks inside as SARI watches from her bed.

JENNY: See? Theres nothing there.

SARI: You sure?

JENNY: Im sure. Now, come on. Get into bed.

SARI crawls into bed and JENNY tucks her in.

SARI: I dont like this house.

JENNY: Youre just not used to it yet. But you and your brother and me –- we are going to be very happy here. I promise.

She kisses SARI on her forehead.

I love you.

Jenny turns off the light and gets up to leave the room, before she could leave sari calls out to her and points.

SARI: Don't forget the chair mommy.

JENNY: Okay.

She moves a chair under the doorknob of the closet.] The chair. Just to be safe. [SARI lies down and goes to bed. JENNY leaves. After returning to the living room, JENNY continues unpacking boxes. She stops when she hears the sound of scratching coming from the basement.

JENNY: Please, God, dont let it be rats.

A few moments later, JENNY goes downstairs into the basement with a flashlight. She tries turning on a light, but the switches dont work.

JENNY: Terrific.

Back in Sari's bedroom. The chair begins moving on its own, away from the closet doors. SARI sits up in her bed, wide-eyed and afraid. Back in the basement, JENNY keeps looking around. On the floor, she sees a large black trunk. She kneels down and opens it, pulling out old photos album of the Winchester family. Written on the on the front of the book are the words, The Winchesters. John, Mary, Dean, and Little Sammy. JENNY smiles. In SARIS bedroom, the closet doors open by themselves. Standing in the closet is what looks like a person, but it is engulfed in fire. SARI screams.

The Winchesters are in a MOTEL ROOM. Sleeping Dean and Lydia are sharing a bed While SAM is sleeping in the other one, he was dreaming of JENNY. She is inside her bedroom, screaming for help. SAM jolts awake, confused.

The next morning, while DEAN is on the computer Lydia was in the bathroom showering, SAM was sitting on the bed drawing a picture of a tree.

DEAN: All right. Ive been cruising some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali –- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas. Hey.

SAM looks up from his drawing with a glossed over look.

DEAN: Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?

SAM: No. Im listening. Keep going.

DEAN: And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times.

He waves his hand in front of SAMS face starting to get irritated with Sam's lack of focus.

DEAN: Any of these things blowin up your skirt, pal?