Chapter 23: What!

Phoenix POV

"What?!" Was the first thing to be heard after I finished my sentence. It was from Alice and she zoomed over to me, making me take a step back. She started to analyze my face, and suddenly she gasped. I knew she recognized me from all those years ago.

"I know you! We met in Sioux Falls, South Dakota in 1938. You are that vampire who could change appearance at will!" She exclaimed as she stepped back. "But Zack, why did you not tell me about any of this? Don't you trust me?" Alice had her eyes filled with venom tears that would never fall.

"No, believe me, I wanted to tell you. But I couldn't until we had all agreed that we would tell you guys. It wasn't my decision alone. I couldn't just tell you because I wanted to. It would mean I would have betrayed the trust off my coven and family. And I couldn't do that to them after all that they have done for Jackson and I. Please believe me Alice." Zack looked heartbroken at his pixie like mate. I decided to step in and help him.

"He's right you know. We weren't allowed to tell you about our secret until our coven leader had agreed. And it wasn't until yesterday after school he allowed us to tell you." I told them.

They glanced at each other as Alice hugged Zack, asking for forgiveness.

"So those vampires you met before. Were they human drinkers?" Rose asked and glanced at me, changing the topic.

"Well, the first vampires I met were in Romania and they were human drinkers. Not long after I met a coven in Bulgaria and they hunt humans too. I stayed with them a couple of years before I left them. Right after 2nd world war, I met the coven my creator is the leader of. They live in Norway and are animal drinkers like us.I left them in 1963. After that when I went to my home town, Chicago, in 1967 where I literally ran into Adrien. I was accepted into their coven and have stayed with them ever since." I explained, glancing over at Zack, who gave me a brilliant smile.

"Are those Romanians you met, by any chance, named Vladimir and Stefan?" Carlisle asked, getting eye contact with me.

"Yes, they are. Just when we met, Stefan tried to kill me because I looked like a Volturi guard. But he obviously he didn't, and we ended up becoming friends!" I answered Carlisle.

~Time skip brought to you by Demetri fangirling over BTS~

Zack and I had agreed to go with the Cullens to play baseball with them later on.

Bella had just left and was going to stay home until Eddie came and picked her up.

Zack and I were still at the Cullen house. We were sitting in the living room. Zack and Alice shared a loveseat and Rose and Emmett shared another loveseat. Jasper was sitting next to me on the sofa with an arm draped over my shoulders and Edward was sitting on the other side of me. And lastly, Carlisle and Esme were sitting on the chairs they moved in here from the kitchen.

"Phoenix, can I ask you a question?" Carlisle spoke up.

"You just did, but you can ask again." I gave him a cheeky smile as laughter broke out of the others at my sassiness. Carlisle had a smile on his face while building up his question the way he wanted it to be.

"Have I met you before? And if we have, please enlighten me to why we met and when we met?" Carlisle asked, not daring to look directly at me.

"Yes we have met before. But I was still a human when we met. I met you for the first time in 1917 when my dad died, thanks to the Spanish Influenza. Not long after, my mother and brother got the disease too, leaving me to take care off myself. In 1918, when I was 14 1/2 years old, I got the news that my mother was gonna pass away soon because pf the Influenza. I rushed to the hospital, hoping to make it before she died, and into the room my mother and brother shared at the hospital. tears were flowing down my cheeks and made it hard for me to see were I was going. She was dead when I got there and I threw myself around her body as our family doctor who was in the room, stared at me in pity. My brother was lying on a bed right beside the doctor." I stopped talking and looked at Carlisle, who had a shocked expression. "Do you remember me now?"

It was quiet for a while, until Carlisle looked up at me.

"You are Phoenix Liz Masen. Daughter of Edward Anthony Masen Sr. and Elizabeth Masen. Sister of Edward Anthony Masen Jr.. Or as his name is now, Edward Anthony Masen Cullen. You are Edward's biological sister!" He almost yelled. Probably because he expected me to be dead.

"Ding, ding, ding. You won the prize." I joked. Emmett started laughing again thanks to me and the others just smiled.

"But my name isn't Phoenix Liz Masen anymore. It is Phoenix Liz Masen Agreste." I told him.

The others smirked at my sassiness.

"Oh, and Eddie?" I turned to him, speaking in a childish voice.

"Yes Nix?" He replied, looking at me.

"No offense Eddie, but your wannabe girlfriend smells like dead rats." I smirked at him. (Thanks for the idea LilianaThePirate )

Everybody, even Carlisle and Esme, started to laugh because of the offended look on Edward's face.

"W-WHAT?" He asked.

"Did I stutter?" I replied, still smirking at him.

This is the meme of the chapter:

Words: 974