Chapter 27: Saved?

Phoenix POV

I laid on the floor, trying to crawl towards James and Stinky. I wanted to do something with my leg, but I know James would stop me, so why even try? A sudden crash made me look up. James had thrown Stinky into a wall, which made her head bleed. You deserved that, bitch! It seemed like James remembered that I was still in the room as he turned towards where I was lying. He was over me in a second and held me down.

"It's too bad I have to kill you. You'd be a perfect little play-toy with that body of yours." He let his eyes rake over me with a sinister glint in them. I wanted to push him away, but as a human I was too weak. "Sadly, I'm going to kill you. No hard feelings."I didn't have time to process those words before he clamped his teeth down on my collarbone. My scream echoed through the room and I could hear Stinky gasp as she heard it. James got off me as the pain made it almost unbearable to move. It had been hell the first time and it was even worse the second.

James went over to Stinky again and slowly pressed his foot down on her leg until the long awaited crack from the bone rang through the room. I forced myself to get up from the floor even though my whole body was screaming at me to not move. I threw myself at James and let out a groan as I crashed into him.

We both ended up on the floor and I wrapped my hands around his neck. I used all of the strength I currently had to rip his head off, but it didn't work. He just let out a dark chuckle at my weak attempt to end him and used his speed to quickly flip us over, so I was on my back on the floor.

"You're testing my patience, little flower. I wanted to wait with you as I wanted you last as a sweet, little dessert, but it seems like I'm going to have you now." He let his lips graze over mine. I moved my head away, disgusted at how he did that. I already had a mate so that was just plain disgusting. He got an annoyed look on his face as he slammed his fist into my side. I bit my lip to not satisfy him with a scream as I felt him break several of my ribs. If I thought breaking my leg was bad, this was hell. I started to struggle with breathing as the broken rib pressed onto my lung.

He was about to hit me again which would surely make my lung puncture. However, before he got the chance to, he was violently thrown off me. In his place was my big brother Eddie in a crouched down position over me. A loud and feral growl ripped out of his throat and I felt myself relax in his presence.

"Are you okay, Bella?"

Those words made my relaxed state disappear immediately. He thought I was Stinky. That's the only reason he saved me. He didn't save me because I was his sister, it was because he thought I was his lover. Ouch. That hurt. Like really hurt.

Edward sped over to Stinky and cradled her in his arms, completely ignoring me even though he had just saved me. What an asshole! He tried to save her by lifting her up and jump out the window. Sadly it didn't work. Feel the sarcasm. James managed to grab his ankle and dragged him backwards, which made him drop Stinky to the ground. Karma.

I rolled around as they fought and managed to get up on my feet. I do not know how I managed to stand up with this much pain, but I will not question it. For now. I saw some glass shards not too far away from me. I didn't like the idea that popped into my head, but I was going to do it. Only to protect Eddie from getting killed, no other reason behind at all.

I limped over to the shards, grabbed a sharp shard and pressed it to my wrist. I bit my lip as I felt it cut through my skin like a knife through butter. Man, my lip was going to be so sore thanks to me biting it so much. Anyway, it seemed like my plan was working when James stopped attacking my brother and instead turned to look at me with a sinister grin. Eddie didn't seem to question why James suddenly left him alone, but he used that opportunity to get to Stinky. Why, oh why do I have such a stupid and brainless brother?

I started backing up to get away from the monster in front of me, but obviously that didn't work. He jumped on me, making me slam my head into the floor and that made me see stars. No, not in that way you perverted pigs! Before I got to do anything to protect myself, he had bit down on my wrist and started to drain me of blood.

I knew he would kill me if this continued on for long, so I had to stop it. I focused all of the strength I had left in my uninjured leg and kicked upwards. James flew off me and crashed into Eddie. I could hear Stinky's groan as she yet again hit the ground hard. Ha bitch! I could faintly hear the two males fight in the background. It was like I was under water the way I was hearing sounds. The pain was overwhelming. I felt myself slowly fade until everything turned black. I hope I don't die.

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter. I am so sorry that I haven't been able to update in a while, but it is currently the busiest time in school with all the big tests and so on. I have also been a lot to the doctor because my leg has decided to be a bitch and not support my weight and only send pain through my entire left leg. And we still don't know what's wrong with it! Anyways, I have been fixing on this chapter for a long time in hope that you will like it. Also a shameless little self promo. Please check out my upcoming book The Witch Librarian when it comes out along with Why Me?. The Witch Librarian is a fanfiction for the shot The Librarians on Fox. It's cover have been made by the great artist Ethereal_Solare. Isn't it marvelous?

Why Me? is a fanfiction for celebrating Pride Month for the LGBT+ community, so hope you will like it

Until next time, Little Bats.

~Phoenix_Cullen~

This is the meme of the chapter:

Words: 1175