Chapter 24: Baseball

Phoenix POV

Zack and I had went home really quick to change before the baseball match. We were actually allowed to play! I was really excited and had just zoomed up to my room when we got home, leaving everyone but Zack and Samuel confused. I changed from my black leather skirt, black singlet, dark red sweater and my black high boots to white jeans, dark blue long armed crop top, black and grey Nike shoes and a Nike cap.

I sped down and tapped my foot showing I was getting impatient with Zack for using so damn long time

I sped down and tapped my foot showing I was getting impatient with Zack for using so damn long time. He finally came down after like 15 minutes. How can he be that slow?! I started scolding him telepathically and he just showed me the finger. How dare he!

We decided that we had bickered enough and started to run towards the clearing we were gonna play in.We reached the clearing within seconds and saw that the others had just arrived, except for Eddie who were gonna pick up Dead Mice girl. Zack went over to Alice, who were standing with Emmett discussing their game strategy. Jasper was standing on the side with Carlisle and Esme, but when he saw me he started walking towards me. I met him in the middle and pushed my lips to his as he wrapped an arm around my waist. We separated when Emmett wolf whistled and Zack made sounds like he was throwing up.

"It felt like an eternity when you were gone." Jasper whispered in my ear as he held his arm around my waist as we walked towards Carlisle and Esme.

"Since when did you become so cheesy?" I replied loudly making everyone laugh and Jasper gave me a playful glare. His arm got tighter around my waist and he held me closer to himself.

"You will regret saying that." He threatened with a smirk stretched on his lips.

"I don't think I will." I smirked back at him as we reached Carlisle and Esme. I turned to Carlisle.

"Which team am I on?" I asked him.

"Well, since Zack is on Alice's team are you on mine. Along with Jasper and Rosalie." He told me. I gave him a nod and we just waited for Bella and Edward.

~~Time skip brought to you by Bella falling off a cliff~~

They both finally arrived so we could start the game. Alice was the pitcher and Rosalie was up first. She hit the ball with all her might and dashed off. Eddie hurried after the ball along with Zack who would probably try to stop it with his powers. Rose was almost around the pit when the ball shot out of the forest and straight into Esme's hand, right before Rose was done. Bella made a comment and Rose shoved her with her shoulder while walking towards me.

It was now Carlisle's turn. He slammed the ball forwards and both Eddie and Emmett jumped after it. They collided with each other and joked a little bit around. Then it was Jasper's turn. He hit it hard, but Emmett jumped up into a tree and catches it.

Now it was my turn. As I walked up, Bella's thoughts reached me.

'Are you serious? Let's see how long she can hit. Probably won't even be able to hit it.'

I'm so gonna show her how far I can hit it. As I reached the place I was gonna stand, I got into position and gave Alice a sharp nod. Alice threw it with all her might, but I could still see it coming towards me. I calculated when I should hit it and slammed the bat forwards. The sound of the ball hitting the bat echoed through the mountains and I set off at the same time Eddie sat off in to the forest. I raced around the pit and slid down as I reached where I started. I lied there before watching the baseball coming out of the forest with Eddie hot on its heels.

He gaped at me as I stood up and blew a kiss towards him. I walked over to Jasper as Rose walked up to pitch again. Just as she hit it, Alice gasped for air.

"Stop." She gasped as she was brought into a vision. Since I didn't get the same vision, I went into her mind and froze at what I saw. Laurent, James and Victoria came walking out of the forest with the baseball in hand, looking the same as they did all those years ago. I hated Victoria from the moment I met her, but the hate grew intensely when I found out what she did to Ty. It makes me want to rip her head off.

A snarl left my throat without me realizing it and Zack sped over to me as the others stared at me in fear.

'What is it Nix?' Zack asked me as he put an arm around my shoulders, holding me close.

'It's that bitch Victoria. The one who turned Ty into a vampire against his will!' I was fuming in anger, but suddenly felt a calming feel spread through my body, making me snap my head towards my mate.

"Don't calm me down Jasper!" I growled at him, leaving everyone stunned. It was nearly impossible for a vampire to be mad at his/her mate and here I was, growling at him.

In the mean time, Alice had explained the situation to the others without knowing who came towards us in this moment. They were all prepared and I made Zack's and I's eyes golden like they usually are when he was not hiding them and right after I've fed.

We stood in a line and waited for them to come through the tree line...

To be continued...

Words: 983