Chapter 28: The Major

Jasper POV

We had just landed in Phoenix, Arizona got of the plane. It was Carlisle, Edward, Emmett and me. As I walked with the others to the waiting area, I could see Alice and Zack, but no Isabella. More importantly, no Phoenix.

As we got closer I could spot Alice's fake smile and Zack's guilty look. No wonder guilt was the strongest feeling in here. It was falling off them in huge waves and it was easy to understand why. They had lost Isabella and my mate, most likely to James who wanted them dead. That infuriated me and I could barely hold myself from yelling at them when we stopped in front of them.

"Your job here is over now, Alice, Zack. We will take care of Bella and Phoenix from now on. Speaking of the two, where are they?" Carlisle asked the couple who were looking around in guilt. Before they could say anything, Edward yelled out.

"They ran away!" His words made me stop. They ran away? Bella is understandable, but why would my darlin' run? James must have done something. "James most likely tricked them to have met up with him in the ballet studio from your second vision." With those words he was gone. Probably off to where the ballet studio was located. I could vaguely make out Carlisle's voice asking for directions to the ballet studio before it went black for me. The Major was out.

Major POV

I was finally let out, thank god for that. My mate was in grave danger, I could feel it. I didn't need directions to her whereabouts as I could smell her from here. The members of the Cullen clan and that other vampire took a step away from me. To have that dominating aura felt good.

I walked out of the airport and took a huge breath in. I could smell her. My mate. I took off in the direction the scent came from. James was not allowed to do anything to Phoenix. Not on my watch.

My surroundings turned blurry for a couple of seconds before I came to a stop in front of a run down ballet studio. Inside the studio, loud growls were heard and the smell of blood was pungent in the air around me.

The scent that hit me first was Isabella's blood. Her blood was mouth watering, but yet not appealing to me. The other scent, however, was ravishing. It immediately went straight to my head and I could feel a guttural growl working its way up my throat, desperate to be left out.

I slammed open the doors of the ballet studio and took in the scene in front of me. Edward was in the middle of a quite violent fight with James, consisting of them crashing into almost every wall there was. In the middle of a bunch of broken glass was Bella. She was gasping in pain and bleeding quite heavily. It didn't seem like there were anyone else in the room, until I heard a pulse. An extremely weak pulse.

I turned my head and saw her there. My mate. My darlin'. My Love. She was bleeding out where she was lying. Her leg was twisted in a funny way and I could see more than one bite mark on her body. The anger was boiling up in me from that sight. How dare he harm her? 

I slowly turned the way where they were fighting. My sanity was slowly fading away, slipping out of my grip. Violent snarls rumbled out of me as I set my eyes on my prey. I took charge and slammed into the horrid creature that hurt my mate. He got thrown across the room, but that wasn't enough. He had to pay for what he had done.

Edward payed no heed to my actions, and rushed over to his blood singer. Stupid bastard, doesn't even have guts to claim revenge on this monster. Glancing over at him again, I could see he had gotten up and was prepared to fight me. He let out a loud growl, running straight at me. A wicked smirk spread across my face. His final time had come.

A/N:

Hi guys, have you missed me? I'm sorry it has been ages. I ran short on inspiration. That's literally the only excuse I can serve you. I hope you are all doing well in this situation we're having at the moment. As long as we follow the guide lines from the government, we can save as many lives as possible. Anyways, what do you think about my new hair?

 Anyways, what do you think about my new hair?

Again, I'm really sorry for not updating.

Until next time, little bats.

~Phoenix_Cullen~

This is the meme of the chapter:

Words: 836