Chapter 2

2.

"You WHAT?!" Gage yelled. He couldn't believe what Josua had just explained to him. He wanted Gage to know that he was going to enter the Vistic Tournament. But he needed a signiture from somebody over eighteen to even enter, aswel as a handful of training that was just common sense to have if you were thinking of entering. And Joshua was asking Gage for both.

"Gage, you can't do anything to change my mind. I've already decided this long ago." Gage raised his eyebrows.

"You decided long ago?" He asked and Joshua nodded. "Exactly how long ago?" Joshua looked to Faith and back again.

"Two months ago." He told Gage. Gage put his hand to his forehead and closed his eyes.

"Two months you've been thinking about this...Two Months. Did you ever think about telling anybody, like me for instance? I mean, I'm only your God-Damn brother!" Gage said. When he opened his eyes, he saw that Joshua had taken Faith's hands into his.

"I knew you would react like this, Gage. That's why I kept it from you!" Gage scoffed and moved forward. He sat on one of the seats and leaned across the table. He swung his hand up and hit Joshua on the back of the head. Joshua tightened his jaw.

"You idiot." Then he turned to Faith. "Listen, Faith. I'm sure you're a brilliant girl, top class and all. I mean look at you, you're a great catch! But Josh is only sixteen!" Gage said. "He's just a flipping kid, like you! And I think that if you talk to Eragon, he might be-"

"Gage! Stop! Faith's sister already tried that!" Joshua was fuming. The muscles in his cheeks and jaw were flaring. "You may not want to face it, but you have to. I'm going to enter the Tournament wheather you like it or not! I'm a lot better than you think I am!" Joshua argued back.

He stood up next and Faith followed him like a shadow. "Come on, Faith. Let's go upstairs." Joshua waited for Faith to head out before he did, being a gentlemen, Gage noted. Before leaving himself, Joshua turned to Gage.

"I know it's something you can't understand, but, I love her, Gage. It's just something I have to do." Gage let out a breath. He could hear their footsteps through the ceiling.

"I'm going to kill that boy one of these days!" Gage said to himself.

* * *

"Where have you been, young lady?" Sephy cursed herself for forgetting about her mother's walk abouts in the night. Every night her mother walked around the mansion like a ghost, making sure everything is clean and tidy. She once told her mother it was an OCD, but her mother told her it was just habbit.

"I was just outside." Sephy answered. She knew her mother could tell when she lied.

"'Outside'? Sephy, it's 2:30 a.m. Where were you?" Her mother's voice was stern. Sephy sighed.

"I went to a bar." She explained. "Just to unwind." She lied again. If she did anything productive while at the bar, it wasn't unwinding. First she had been angry about what had happened with Eragon. Then she had told Joshua her plan of entering the Tournament herself, which he only tried to slaughter.

What was the problem with her plan? Was it because she was a girl?

It says no where in the rule book of the Tournament that females can't enter! And she is good. Really good. .

But of course Joshua had to give her one hundred and one reasons why it was a bad idea. One was,

"But if you enter and something happens to you, someone else will win and your mother will have no daughters!" Ughh.