Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Panicing, Sephy went to Alec and helped to drag him out from under Neon's corpse. She lifted his arm over her shoulder and helped him stand. Gage and Clint still both sat, unconcious around the poles.

“Can you walk?” She asked, hopefully when she felt him take some pressure off of her. Alec lifted his arm off of her shoulder and took a step before he collapsed onto the ground, landing on his face, his arms at his sides.

“Are you okay?” She rushed out as she pulled him to his feet again. This time he was just dead weight with his eyes shut and his mouth open, a cream snow liquidising on his tounge. “Alec? Alec!” She put her hands underneath his arms and began pulling him to the same pole that Clint was on. What had happened to him? Had he hit his head?

Sephy quickly inspected Alec's head and face, finding nothing, before she rushed to her feet as she heard angry grunts outside. With nothing else, she went to Neon's wrecking ball, trying to keep the bile in her stomach from emerging, and untwisted it from the pole and unlocked it from Neon's grip. His corpse collapsed to the ground with a thud, the heavy spiked ball still attatched to him. She refused to look at all the gory details as she struggled to pull it out.

“Where is she?!” Swithin's voice seemed the most angry; Neon had been his partner from the beginning. Their footsteps were only outside of the doorway. Sephy dropped the weapon and began dragging Neon over to the darkened corner of the tent before she pulled Alec back over to his pole and loosely tied the ropes around him again so that they wouldn't suspect anything.

Just in time, she hid in the corner beside the door, across from Neon's corpse. The lite fabric door was opened like a curtain and a colder wind snaked its way in, sending her own hairs up. She hated to think what her friends were going through without their gear.

Brutus was the first one to walk in, his heavy boots landing with a raging thud with each step he took. He didn't have his goggles or ski mask on when he walked into the tent, a trident in his hand. Behind him, Jensen stalked in, a malicious smirk plastered across his face. Sephy had to force herself from attacking him right there. Last, Swithin rushed in, glaring at Alec, Clint and Gage who were obviously incapacitated. None of them looked her way once they smelt the warm blood that was dripping from Alec's pole and in the other corner of the tent; a long trail of blood showing the dragging of his corpse.

“I am going to KILL her!” Swithin roared, kicking the snow into the air. Jensen still had a smirk on his face and Brutus was scowling.

“Are you sure it was her?” Jensen wondered. Swithin swore.

“Who the hell cares? I'm going to gut her and then feed her to the damn dog, regardless of who done it!” It was her time to get out of there then. Waiting for her few seconds, Sephy slipped out of the doorway without any of them noticing. Outside, it was still calm, the only sign that this wasn't just another camping trip with a few friends was the blood covered knife and the bow and arrow.

Sephy went and pulled the bow and arrow into her hands, checking over her shoulders and straining her ears all the time, making sure she didn't miss anything. The sheath only had two arrows left in it, the rest were probably in the mutation's bodies. She needed to get them out, lead them away from her friends before she rescued them. But she couldn't carry them all on the back of a ski-doo. And she couldn't bring them without finding them somewhere warm first. Fighting was what she came here for and fighting was how she was going to end Jensen, Brutus and Swithin dying would just be a plus at the moment.

Finding the will and utter stupidity in herself, she stood strong and took her bow and arrow out and strung one after she wiped off the blade and stuck it in her belt. Two down with the arrows and then she would get Jensen with the blade.