Part Two- Chapter 14

The picture at the side is Gage outside of Sephy's door... :d I thought I'd and a picture for everyone. Alex Pettyfer is close to what Gage looks like. Gage would have a little curl'er hair and his eyes are grey...

Okay so here is the next chapter (first chapter of Part Two!!! :D :D) And seen as I am at part two, I just wanted to take up a little space to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my story. I know I do long chapters and some of you may not like reading long ones, and if you read anyway, despite that, I want to say a big Thank You!!!

Some people that I want to thank the most are

moonlightluv- she is amazing and has been reading from the start!! Thank you soooo much!! You made me want to write more and get better because of your encouraging and inspirational comments!! So yeah BIG Thank You!!

dreamer37- I just want to thank you aswel because you have been there to read this story from the start and you also encourage me to write more and improve on my skills with your wonderful comments!

Marystar1212- my Australian buddy who is so completly awesome and so cool and nice!! She is definatly a great friend even though I've only met her a couple days ago!! :O

And of course A BIG Thank you to everyone else who has read up until here!!

And Now!!!!

Here is Chapter 14!!

_______________________________________________________________________________

PartTwo

Laying Down The Cards

Chapter Fourteen.

Gage could feel a headache... a really bad one. He could feel the cold sweat dripping down his forehead and he could feel Alec and Chale's hand as they pushed him into one of the tubes. He felt woozy, he felt like crap. He had no idea how he had been dragged across the water, though. He had been unconcious until he smelt the salt of the water; that woke him up quickly with it's stinging scents.

He felt the sensation of moving downwards and he assumed that it was the tube. He was groggy and on the ground. He felt two people lifting him off of the ground next.

“You're going to be okay, mate.” Alec reassured him. Gage didn't believe him though. He didn't really mind all that much. He was glad that he died for someone he.....was friends with. Because that's all they were. Friends. Why did he hate that word so much all of a sudden? It was a comfortable word, a safe word...but he never liked safe and he had never grown to know the meaning of comfort before, so why should he now. He was being selfish, but he didn't care. He had been selfless when he didn't tell her in the arena. When he wanted to tell her.

Not that it would matter much now. He didn't have time left. Besides, she didn't feel anything other then friendship, so he probably doesn't either..? It's all in his head, right? But then why the pain in his chest when he knows he can't feel pysical pain?

“Get him on the table.” The words fell on his ears. They came from a familiar voice.

“Do you think he'll make it, Galen?” Gage moaned inwardly. Galen was a good doctor. He would be able to help Gage. But maybe Gage didn't want to be helped? Maybe after everything, he was tired. Tired of running, tired of playing games...? Ever since he was young, he has been tired, worn out. Never safe, never comfortable.

There's those two words again, he thought.

“I'm not sure. Maybe it would have been better to....” Galen trailed off and Gage had an idea of where his sentence had been going.