Chapter 18

***************

 (Pictured above : Dove Cameron as Sylvie Rawsone of the Wolf Chaimara)

 (Pictured above : Bill Skarsgard as Marrok Rawsone of the Wolf Chaimara)

*********************

"Stop!" My voice echoed loudly through the seemingly vacant forest like a powerful crack of lightning.

Dristan froze, his sword only inches from the male wolf's heart. The man's emerald eyes, which had been bulging out of his skull in helpless terror, closed slowly, as if relieved. I noticed tears rolling down the cheeks of the silver haired female, who stared at me with some hidden emotion I could not place.

Dristan slowly turned his head toward me, confusion and shock dancing inside of his slitted irises.

"Brenya...?" His voice was hardly a whisper.

"You can't do this. You can't just kill them!" I said, stepping closer to him.

He bared his teeth at me. "I can, and I will."

"You will not." I threatened. I grabbed hold of the arm he was using to hold his sword, my slender hands wrapping around his massive bicep. I yanked with all my might and managed to pull him an inch backward. "I won't let you!" I cried.

"What the hell has gotten into you?!" He hissed, yanking his arm free of my grasp. "They tried to kill you! They're murderers!"

"And what are you if you kill them for it?! What are any of us if we continue slaughtering each other, just like the king is doing to our kind?!" I yelled, trying pathetically to wrestle the sword from his iron grasp.

His attempts to pull me off of him lessened, and he furrowed his brows at me. His nostrils flared in aggravation, but I got the sense that my words were having some sort of effect on him.