Boys At Camp | 17

By the time we'd played about a dozen rounds of Call Of Duty, the storm had eased up to just rain, thank god. We were all getting hungry, ready for the rain to stop so we could head to the cafeteria. "Well, I'm hungry as hell so let's go." Nate said, standing up. We all stood up and grabbed some jackets, then took off to the cafeteria.

I threw the hood of my jacket up and walked outside, stuffing my hands in my pockets. It had definitely cooled off, with the weather now being in the low 60s. I shivered as the rain hit my face, all of us making a run for the cafeteria. None of us wanted to stay in this shitty weather. Once we were safely inside the cafeteria, I let out a sigh of relief.

"God damn it's cold out there!" I yelled, shaking my hair, which was once again, soaked. "That's usually what happens when it rains around here." Chase said, wringing out the sleeves of his hoodie. "You shoulda told me that you dickheads. It's fucking cold out there." I said, bundling up in my jacket, which was soaked.

"Eh, you're annoying sometimes. Better to let you suffer." Liam said with a shrug. "Bitch, you're my boyfriend! Treat me with some damn respect, fool!" I said, meeting him with a glare and snapping my fingers in his face. "I feel like a fifth wheel." Jake said, glancing around us awkwardly.

"Don't worry, you've got Jay. You'll get you a sugar daddy someday." I said, ruffling his damp locks. "Shut up." He grumbled, shoving my hand away half-heartedly. I grinned at him, patting his shoulder. "You'll be okay, Jake. I was alone at one point, too." I said. "You'll live through it. Just don't be a sad and depressed emo like myself."

"It's not a phase, Mom!" Liam mocked, smiling at me. "Bitch, please!" I exclaimed, getting all up in his face. I made it look like I was gonna kiss him but licked his nose instead, laughing at the look on his face. "God damnit, Elliot!" He yelled, wiping his face with his hoodie. "Little freak." He sighed, flicking me in the forehead.

"Don't speak to me that way! You'll get the pimp hand." I waved my hand in his face, swinging and pretending like I was gonna hit him. "Let's go get some food and let the fucktards live in peace." Chase sighed, heading to the line to get some food.

"So rude." I sighed, shaking my head at them. How dare Chase insult me! My personality is fucking perfect! "Elliot, stop zoning out." Liam snapped his fingers in my face, bringing me back to reality. I let out a 'hmph' noise and shouldered past him, grabbing a tray to get some food.

"Drama queen." He mumbled, rolling his eyes and grabbing his own tray. "Shut up." I said, turning to glare at him. But I didn't notice the water on the floor from our clothes being wet and took a hard fall to the floor. The whole cafeteria erupted in laughter. Everyone but me, since I was on the floor glaring at the ceiling.

"Fuck my life." I breathed out, though I knew that no one could hear me over the laughter. "Stop laughing you fucking cunts!" I yelled, my mood changing as fast as the speed of light. I stood up pushed past Liam, who was looking at me in confusion. I threw the hood of my jacket up and ran. Not to anywhere in particular, I just ran to blow off steam.

As much as I wanted to take my anger out of someone, I knew it would just cause a pointless argument. I stopped running once I'd gotten out of breath and sat down, not even caring that my clothes were gonna be soaked again. For whatever reason, I could feel the emotions taking over as tears started rolling down my cheeks.

I couldn't tell if they were angry tears or if it was from the embarrassment of what happened in the cafeteria. I just knew that I was in a shitty mood and that I would probably blame it on hormones later. I let out a ragged breath as I frantically wiped at my eyes, though I knew it was no use since it was raining anyways.

My dad was the only one who had treated me with any love, and he was the only one that I could ever talk to about anything. But since my parent's divorce, I had no one to vent to, so I kept my emotions bottled up. So it was only a matter of time before it all came out, and I guess this was my breaking point.

My face was flushed red and tears streamed down my face as I sat in the rain and cried, letting it all out. It felt good, considering that I hardly ever got my classic white-girl cry on. I curled my knees up to my chest and put my head between my legs, sobbing to myself. "Elliot?" I heard my name being called from behind.

"Fuck." I breathed out, raising my head up. I turned around and met the eyes of Liam, who was drenched from head to toe. "What're you doing out here in the rain?" He asked. "You're gonna get sick." I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment. " I needed some alone time." I said quietly, wiping at my eyes. I didn't like people seeing me cry.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked softly, sitting down next to me. "Everything." I sobbed, my chin resting on my knees. "Everything." I repeated softly. "Shh, shh, it's gonna be okay." He whispered, pulling me towards him and hugging me to his chest. I cried for at least a good thirty minutes, Liam holding me as I let my emotions take over.

After a while, I finally ran out of tears, standing up and attempting to wipe the mud off of my pants. Liam stood up with me, holding my hand in a loose grasp. I squeezed his hand for reassurance as I headed back towards the cabin. But Liam suddenly jolted to a stop, tugging me backwards.

He tripped over my feet and we fell to the ground, me landing on his chest. "Well, I didn't plan to say it like this, but..." I raised an eyebrow in confusion, glancing at Liam curiously. "Elliot, I love you."

———————————

So how do you think Elliot and Liam's relationship is going so far?? I think they're a super cute couple, although I did create them so.... Anyway, vote and comment plz! 💕