Chapter : 21

Aarav's pov:

"Easy man!" Varun said keeping the chair back to its normal position, the same chair which I kicked sometime ago, out of frustration.

"I guess, she didn't received your call again." he said with a bit chuckle. I was already pissed and now he was adding to it. I didn't replied him anything, just took the file he gave me.

"Tell Kriya to talk with her." He suggested even when I was busy the reading. I still didn't replied him anything. Talking to kriya was something I have done already but it didn't helped. Even she don't know what happened to Aashna and why she stopped talking to me. It's been already a week since she is ignoring me. I called her so many times but it was either switched off or she wasn't receiving.

The trip to farm house was good but then I don't know what happened to Aashna she insisted that she want to go back. We all kept on asking her the reason but all she said was she just wants to go back, so we all returned as well and that was the last day I saw her or talked with her. After that she has been acting so strange. Not even letting me know what has actually happened to her?

"Oh, so you done that too." Varun said.

"Go and meet her." he suggested.

" Don't you think I have done that as well?" I asked and he raised a eyebrow at me.

"Yes, I went to her office the day after our success party but she was on leave." I said. She even refused to attend the success party of our company's merge. I was worried and went to meet her but the receptionist said that she was on leave.

"What are you going to do now?" he asked.

"I don't know." I said and sat back on my chair.

"Ok. Siddharth called today to remind us for the party." he said and I nodded.

"Anyway. Take care." He said patting my shoulder and left. Why the party has to be today? I don't want to attend it! All I want to do is meet Aashna, ask her what has happened to her? Ask her what have I done? Ask her why is she not receiving my calls? Ask her what has she done to me? Why can't I take her out of my mind? Ask her why I still have feelings for her even when I tried to forget her for all these years?

I took my phone and dialled her number again but again it showed the same response that it was switched off. Damn!

"May I come in?" I heard dad say after a knock on the door.

"Dad please." I said got up from my chair. He chuckled and entered.

"Come sit." I said and made him sit on the chair where I was sitting earlier. He was not ready sit there saying that the chair belongs the owner of the company, which means I should sit there.

"And this owner belongs to you dad. Now stop and tell me what happen." I demanded as he usually don't visit here.

"Nothing. I just came in the opposite building so thought to meet you." he replied.

"So what are today's plans?" he asked and I told him about the party I was supposed to attend.

"Come with me." I requested but he said no as he was taking mom for dinner.

"Enjoy."

At sharp eight, I left the house. The venue for the party was not so far so I decide to go a little late. After thirty minutes of driving I reached the venue and on one side I saw Varun standing out of the hall busy with his phone and on the other side my colleagues.

We entered in and all other formalities were done. I sat on the chair assigned to me whereas Varun sat next to me, still busy with his phone. I ignored him and looked at the surrounding. There were not many known people present there. The only known person was Siddharth but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh Hi, I'm extremely sorry." Siddharth said approaching towards me. I got up for a shake hand.

"It's fine, but where were you?" I asked.

"Got a call from fiance." he replied with a sparkle in his eyes. Love truly changes a person, just a mere thought about the person can bring wonders to you.

"Oh, I didn't knew you are engaged."

"Well I am. Happily engaged and intend to marry soon." he said still smiling.

"Well man, congrats. Do call me in the wedding, will love to see the lucky girl." I said and he nodded. After that we talked about some business stuff, he also introduced me his staff and family members.

After that we were busy talking with his dad but Siddharth was so impatient that he kept on checking his watch. Every passing second I was remembering Aashna. I want to talk with her! At some point I felt like my head will explode because of too much thinking so I went out of the hotel to get some fresh air.

There was a fountain at the other side of the hall. The fountain again reminded me of Aashna. How I met her near the fountain during their fresher's party. She looked so cute looking at the sky. I looked at the fountain and saw a young lady standing there. Don't know what came over me but I went there and to my shock the young lady was Aashna.
She was looking at the fountain but there was no way that I can't recognise her. I called her and she turned towards me almost immediately. She is Aashna, my Aashna!

"What is wrong with you girl? And why aren't you receiving my calls?" I asked but she didn't replied anything just looked down at the ground.

"Tell me."

"Tell me why didn't you received my calls?" I demanded and this time she replied but still not looking at me.

"I can't Aarav, I can't."

"What do you mean by you can't?" I asked.

"Hey, why didn't you called me?" Siddharth said coming towards us.

"Sorry, I was just going to but you came out already." Aashna replied him. How do they both know each other?

"Alright. By the way, you guys already met each other but still let me introduce you both." Siddharth said and I waited for him to explain. I wanted to how they both know each other.

"Well Aashna, he is Aarav Deshmukh. And Aarav, she is my fiance Aashna shetty." Siddharth said making me totally numb. Suddenly my brain was not functioning any more. I looked at Aashna and shook my head in disapproval.

"I'm engaged Aarav." She said flashing her engagement ring to me.

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.

An endless love ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara