Chapter 16

"One more thing. Please remove your shirt."

I nearly choked on my own spit. Who on this sad earth would say something like that?

"My apologies but pardon me?"

I needed to check if I heard what he had said correctly. If it wasn't just a fragment of my pitiful untrustworthy imagination.

He watched me warily for a second before speaking again.

"Please remove your shirt and armour."

My heart stopped beating all together. My brain went into shut down mode where everything came to a complete halt. The sounds around us seemed to disappear altogether leaving a deathly silence screaming in my ears.

"May I ask for the reason Commander?" I managed to barely choke out. My voice was rather hoarse yet still remained its forced deepness.

"I need to inspect if you have further injury but I mainly need to confirm something."

"Commander I am not injured anywhere else. It would waste your time and my own for something so pointless. I bid you a goodnight. " I turned to leave again. I know I was being disrespectful but I really needed to get out of here. I needed to flee from his hard calculating gaze.

"Wait. I order you to stop soldier." his tone was harsh. I knew that he was angry. I knew I would be punished for my big valiant show of rudeness to my Commander but that would be nothing compared to the punishment I would receive for being a female.

Maybe I should have stayed in prison.

No.

I am glad I escaped. I will be forever indebted to Ivor. I owe him my life. I am not about to let this Commander destroy me. He will not exploit my secrete to the world. Better yet he will not know.

I need to escape this place as soon as possible. I am not prepared to die.

Before anything else could happen a screaming pig came waltzing past. Wailing like it's just about to die. It probably was. Poor pig.

"Nooo come back! Stupid pig!" Well I be dammed. Following the pig hot on pursuit was another pig.

It was Chubby from earlier.

He was red in the face and a look of rage danced through his eyes as they where stuck on the running pigs back side. His cheeks were bright pink and he was huffing and puffing.

"Quick someone stop that swine!" He screamed as he neared. He barely spared a glance as he bounced passed the Commander and I.

Following Chubby was his partner in crime Jessie. Chubby seemed to have a bit of a lead in front of Jessie but Jessie was catching up quickly.

"Oh Warren you can't have him all to yourself, I want bacon for breakfast tomorrow and I will be dammed if your greedy fat ass gobbles him up before me!" Jessie too ran passed us without acknowledging our presence but the dumb idiot nearly knocked me over.

To make all this craziness worse there was another pursuer following after them. It was the scar faced guy who I saw with them when I signed to join up earlier this day. Seems all three of them are back now.

His sharp eyes were filled with rage and he looked beyond pissed as his eyes locked on the two idiots up front. But what made matters worse he only had a towel wrapped around his waist and was partially covered in soap with his hair wet. He held the towel with one hand preventing it from falling.

"WARREN! JESSIE! I WILL FUCKING SKIN YOU TWO ALIVE AND DIP YOU IN SALT IF YOU DARE TRY EAT MY DEAR ANDY!" He screamed after them.

He brushed passed us. But stopped for a quick second bowing slightly muttering a quick apology before storming after them again.