░ Chapter Nine

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi heard a laugh. It was sweet, like an angel's. He turned to the man calling his name but there was nothing. All he could see was a white fog. In fact, he was surrounded by nothing but fog.

He frowned in confusion.

"Hey, Yoongi."

He heard it again. He tried looking for the source of that sweet voice but there was nothing, no one. In his curiosity, he shouted, wanting to see this person so bad.

"Who are you?"

And as if on cue, the fog dispersed, making him see his surroundings properly. He was in a garden, a very beautiful one.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi turned as soon as he heard his name. And there, in the midst of the beautiful flowers, stood an even more beautiful angel. With his cute eyesmile and silly laugh... "Yoongi."

Yoongi swallowed. He had never seen someone as beautiful as this person. He found himself slowly walking forward as if he was being pulled by a magnet towards the smiling angel. Once he's just a few meters away, he opened his mouth to ask.

"What's your name?"

The angel opened his mouth as well, seeming to answer Yoongi's question. However, instead of words, an odd ringing sound came out from his plump lips. Yoongi tilted his head and frowned.

"What the heck..."

"What the heck!" was the first words that came from Yoongi the moment he opened his eyes. He blinked his eyes, trying to absorb what just happened.

Not again.

He couldn't believe it. It's been a week now that he had been dreaming of the man. It started the night after their encounter, and ever since then, there was no night in which he wouldn't be haunted by those deceiving eyesmiles, coy smirk, and smooth voice.

He got up from his bed and went to his bathroom, staring at himself in the mirror. What's with those dreams?

Aish, he wanted to let Jin know but he refrained himself. The older man would just tease him that he's having a crush. Which was definitely not the case. If he had met the boy at a different situation or if he was not thief, Yoongi would probably think of asking him out. But a thief? A big no for Min Yoongi. Why would a detective fall in love with a criminal?

Ex-detective, he corrected himself.

Crush, not fall in love, damn it. He corrected himself again.

Yoongi shook his head and went on splashing water to his face. He should focus. He still had something important to take care for the day.

• • • •

"The handsome Min Yoongi is here!" the boy squealed the moment he opened the door.

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the young programmer. "You're not gonna get anywhere with those sweet words, Jihyun."

The boy pouted but opened the door wider to let him in. "You only remember me when you need something."

Yoongi couldn't even deny the accusation as he walked inside the younger boy's apartment. He lifted his arms, showing the bags of chips and drinks he brought for the kid in a manner of peace offering. He knew it was easy to bribe Jihyun.

The moment Yoongi stepped inside, he sighed. He didn't know why he was surprised when he should've been used to this already. Jihyun's apartment looked like some kind of wild animal went loose and wreaked havoc inside. As usual. And for some unknown reason, it always looked worse every time he came by.