Chapter 23

We eat pizza and drink wine, laughing while we talk about our memories here.

My hair is still damp, but my change of clothes are dry and my cheeks are warm from the alcohol.

Nick's phone vibrates and he glances at it before locking the screen and joining back into our conversation. Not long after, it goes off again but he doesn't acknowledge it.

"You want to answer that?" I ask curiously.

"Naw, it's nothing." He says.

I want to believe him, but I've known him long enough to tell when he's lying.

After we finish eating, we sit out on the dock for a little while longer until the mosquitos get to be too much and we go back inside.

I sit down on the couch while Nick rummages through Kevin's clothes upstairs for something to wear to bed.

When he joins me again, he's wearing flannel pajamas pants and a black tee shirt. He sits beside me on the couch and rests his hands behind his head.

"Joe has called me thirty two times today." He says suddenly.

I look at him and raise an eyebrow, "oh?"

"He left messages, saying he knows that you are with me and he wants to talk to you and to stop avoiding his calls." He says, his eyes locked on the blank screen of the television in front of us.

"I have nothing to say to him." I say.

"Well he apparently has something to say to you."

"So what are you saying? that I should hear him out?"

He shakes his head, "I'm not saying anything besides what he told me to tell you. I'm not getting involved like I did before, because it's not worth losing you over."

"You won't loose me." I tell him.

"What happened before between us, I was afraid you were going to want nothing to do with me after. I can't imagine my life without you in it."

"Well don't even think of it, because I'll always be in your life." I tell him.

He smiles at me and I smile back. I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. It's quiet and peaceful, and i feel calm and at ease. Thanks to him.

Authors note:
I'm so sorry I haven't uploaded. Here's a small chapter. I'm going to the Jonas brothers concert tomorrow!!! So I'm sure I'll have a lot of inspiration to write after seeing them in person!