Chapter 14

I've felt like shit lately. Not physically, but mentally.
Don't get me wrong, things with Mal have been amazing lately.
We've barely fought
We've been going out more.
He's been spending less time with his "gang".
So why do I feel so bad?

My thoughts quickly vanished as I opened our mailbox I had just walked to. I head back inside and go through the mail.

'From Cameron and Anna: We invite you to the beautiful wedding of soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Duhaney.' with all of the information.

"They were finally getting married," I quietly said out loud.

"Who?" Mal asked as he snuck up behind and kissed my neck. He smiled with joy as he read the invitation.

" I wonder who my date's going to be," Mal said sarcastically. I lightly smacked his arm. He pulled my body in close, and after staring into each others eyes for a minute he gave me a passionate kiss.

Ever since the recent 'events',  Mal promised to always be there for me, no matter the circumstances.

"I love you," I whispered.

He pecked my lips in response before saying, "I love you too."

Mal and I were on our way to Cameron and Anna's house to say hi and congratulations. We held hands as we walked from the car to their door, bringing them wine to celebrate.

Right after we knocked, the door flew open to reveal a happy Cameron wrapping his arm around an ecstatic Anna.

"Hi!" Anna greeted us with.

"Hey," I say as I let go of Mal's hand to hug them both. Mal does the same.

"Congratulations, man," Mal says to Cameron as he gives him a hug.

"Yeah, congratulations," I say. They invite us in and we spend at least an hour of just catching up and talking about how Cameron proposed before we split up; girls and boys.

"Hey, I'm gonna run to the restroom real quick. Be right back," I said.

"Third door down that hallway," Cameron stated.

"I've been here a million times, Cam," I commented while give a small chuckle; they laughed in response.

Once I get in the bathroom I look in the mirror only to notice there's something in my teeth.

Was that there the whole time?! I thought. I go into the cabinets under the sink in hopes of finding some floss, but what I DID see caught me by surprise.

Pregnancy tests?!

I stupidly looked around to see if anyone was watching, which, obviously, no one was, as I was in the locked bathroom.

Wouldn't hurt...

I unwrapped it.

Am I really doing this? Shouldn't Mal know...?

But I did it. And I saw the results.