six

ANOTHER TIME SKIP BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY

The death of Jerome had had a strange effect on Rory. She felt empty, like she was waiting, she didn't truly believe that Jerome had gone. Jerome, the boy who had murdered her boyfriend and best friend, the demon who had tormented her state to state, hunting her down and inflicting pain and darkness on her. The boy who had taken her from her father, the monster who had beat her and broke her. Gallivan was right to kill him, a being who could bring about such chaos should not be allowed to survive.

Although she had managed to escape Jerome, she was still living in Gallivan's penthouse. According to him, she had heard too much about his plan to take over Gotham and therefore was still a prisoner of Maniax's. But Rory didn't mind as much. Jerome was not around and the rest of the gang weren't as horrid. They didn't have the same effect on her that Jerome did and therefore it wasn't difficult to get used to their auras.

In fact, she had spent a lot of time with Gallivan, and unlike every other psycho, he seemed to treat her as a normal person. He didn't treat her like a pet, didn't bubble wrap her or confine her to one room. Although she was his prisoner, she didn't feel trapped. The two had gone out to dinner together many times and had managed to create some kind of messed up friendship. It was the same with Tabatha and Barbra. The three girls had become quite close and although the older two spent there time tormenting others and indulging in their madness, whenever the three were together it felt like all three of them were sane.

#

Jim and Harvey walked into the abandoned room, surrounded by men and women who were dressed in strange fashion. In front of them was a makeshift stage, with a white sheet hanging down from the ceiling.

"Weird" said Harvey as they stood at the back of the room.

"Yeah, but not illegal," Jim responded, putting his hands on his hips.

Suddenly, a light bulb switched on and the stage was filled with a dim light. A tall slender man with black slicked back hair could be seen on stage. He spoke into the microphone and started to preach - rather awkward words that Jim was familiar with.

Then a projection of Jerome started playing. Jim flinched at the sight of him, he hadn't watched the message since the night of the police massacre. He was not prepared to see his daughter like that again. Harvey looked over to him. Just as Jerome was finishing his call to the public, Harvey got to the projector and shut it off.

The crowd turned, some laughing, some moaning as their preacher was cut short.

"Police," Jim yelled flashing his badge.

The crowd started to laugh.