sixteen

Jim left his daughters room, the police officer that was beside her door looked panicked. He told the officer to stay in the room with her and make sure no one entered the room unless it was him. Once he closed the door, Jim ran to the front reception.

The hospital was eerily empty, windows had broken because of the explosion outside and the sound of machines wearing and static seemed to fill the hallways. Jim had to find out what Jerome was up too, why did he want him? Why didn't he just go straight for Rory?

His thoughts were cut short when he was ambushed by Jerome's goonies, who were waiting for him on the first floor. Jim managed to fight a couple off them off him, but there were to many of them and soon he was being dragged into the reception and tied to a chair.

The explosion must have happened at the entrance way of the building as the reception was trashed, windows were broken, tables and chairs smashed and toppled, there were people cowering in the corners of the room, with goons standing over them, holding them at gunpoint.

"Ah, there he is," Jerome said somewhere from the shadows of the destroyed reception. Directly in front of Jim was a row of doctors and nurses. They looked terrified as behind each one of them was a goonie holding a gun to their head.

"How ya doing, Jim?" Jerome smiled as he walked out of the shadows, finally coming into Jim's view. He looked the same from when Jim last saw him, his face covered in scars and his smile manic and fixed. He was dressed in a clean, white tux and in his hands was a revolver and a sleek metal briefcase.

"You can't have her Jerome," Jim spat as he watched the psycho killer, place the briefcase down.

Jerome laughed at Jim's words, his hoarse cackle rang out like an electric shock.

"Oh, can't I?" Jerome said as he slowly walked towards Jim.

"Tell you what let's play a little game, huh," he smiled.

"These doctors are encouragement, Jim. If you don't tell me where Rory is, I will kill them one by one." He smiled as he said this, pointing the revolver to the line of hostages.

"Everyone in this building will be left alone if you tell me where my Rory is, they'll all be saved by you Jimbo, all you have to do is tell me her room number," he sang.

"There's no way you can kill them all," Jim said in disbelief.

"You wanna see me try? Huh? What will it be, Jimmy, have all these people killed just to save one girl, or tell me where she is and save thousands?"

"I'm not telling you anything," Jim replied .

"Oh, I was hoping you'd say that."

Jerome started to laugh and turned to the hostages. Before Jerome signalled to his men, a tall, dark featured doctor started to beg.

"Please detective, do what's right, tell him where this girl is," he pleaded.

Before he could say anything else, the goon standing behind him shot him in the head. Jim jerked at the gunshot, watching the man collapse to the ground.

Jerome started to laugh more loudly.

"Maybe that'll change your mind, huh Jim, I'll just keep killing them if you don't tell me!" Jerome sang as the next goon took the safety off their pistol.

Jim didn't respond. He promised his daughter that he wouldn't let Jerome get his hands on her, he wouldn't let him destroy her, he needed to protect her. But he couldn't let all of these people die, he knew that he wouldn't be able to live with all of those deaths on his hands.

Before Jim could make up his mind, the second hostage was shot, the nurse fell to the floor, her brown hair sprawled over her face. Jerome and the other hostages erupted into laughter as they watched the captives cry out again.

Jerome turned to him again, grabbing onto his arms and leaning close to him.

"You're really going to kill all of these, innocent civilians just for a girl? She isn't even your daughter, Jim," He teased.

Jim's blood boiled when Jerome said this and started to pull at the restraints

"She is my daughter, I'm never going to tell you where she is!" Jim shouted out of anger as he struggled against the rope.

Jerome sighed.

"Oh well,"

Several gunshots rang throughout the reception was the goonies shot all of the civilians down.

"NO!" yelled Jim. the people that were watching let out screams as Jerome's men started to get closer to them.

"They're next Jimmy, tell me where she is," Jerome demanded. His voice was low and serious.

Jerome looked at the crowds of people, all of them waiting on his word, he couldn't let all of these people die. He just hoped that the police officer would keep Rory safe.

"She can't walk, she's too badly injured, you and your men will kill her if you move her." Jim cautioned as he looked back at Jerome.

Jerome frowned at this.

"Third floor, Intensive Care, Room 31," Jim caved.

Jerome's terrifying smile slowly pulled at his lips at Jim's information.

"Thank you Jim, for doing the right thing," Jerome laughed through his words as he mocked Jim. He started to walk towards the elevator. Before he left, he turned back.

"Oh, and don't worry, I'll take care of her, make sure she doesn't die. But you, and all these people? Well, let's just say you're all in for one hell of a ride!" Jerome cackled before getting into the elevator with four of his goons.

Jim turned to look around the room, the briefcase that Jerome has carried in with Jim had been opened and inside was a bomb, which only had 20 minutes left on the clock.

A/N: 

Hi guys, I really appreciate all the support that this book is getting, it recently hit 5K which is AMAZING and I am so grateful for all of you who are reading my story. However, I can't always have this story as my number one priority. I have a life outside of Wattpad - I am a university student who has deadlines and my finals are coming up soon so the wait between chapters will be a little longer. I am also experiencing a bit of writer's block so please be patient with me and please be kind! I'm sorry for the wait. I do plan on completing this story but it is just going to take time, so please if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Hope you guys can be understanding, and as our lord and saviour, Harry Styles says treat people with kindness! Anyway, here is a slightly longer chapter for you :))

- R. x