Chapter 37

🌻Kataleya🌻

I ran inside the hospital as fast as I could

I ran inside the hospital as fast as I could. Tre was right behind me while his friend went to park the car. I ran to the emergency room to see if she was there.

"Excuse me ma'am, who are you looking for?"this nurse ask.

"My mother, Her name is Katrina. She was shot near her abdomen and was taken to the hospital"I said. The nurse type something in her computer.

"Are you get daughter?"she ask.

"Yes I'm her daughter"I said.

"Okay. Dr.Garden, this the daughter"the nurse stopped some doctor. "Of the patient who was shot in the abdomen"

"Katrina daughter. Follow me"he said. I look back at tre who just shrugged his shoulders. I followed the doctor to one of the rooms. He close the door and sat down. "I'm sorry....."

"Oh god she's dead!"I cried out.

"No. She's alive and well"the doctor smiled. "I just wanted to tell you that your mother is a strong woman, she pulled through it"

"Where is she?"I ask.

"She's in a room now. We did the surgery and stitch her up"the doctor said.

"So why take us to a room if she's alright?"tre ask.

"Are you the son?"

"No I'm her son in law"tre said causing the doctor to look at me and then tre.

"Okay. The reason why I brought you back here is because we found out your mother was 6 weeks pregnant....."

"Wait what?!"I semi yelled. "Couldn't be"I shook my head.

"Well she was. Seems like she was so upset when she found out she lost the baby. We told her she was pregnant but she already knew"the doctor said.

"Why she didn't tell me she was pregnant?"I mumble. I cover my face praying to god can this shit be over with.

"Maybe she didn't want you to be hurt"

"Im hurt because she was pregnant"I said. "Ya know what, I want to see her"

"Okay"

Later

Me and tre went upstairs to the room where my mom was. Tre was looking around at doctors and nurses all talking.

"Hey, you must be Dr.Gibson daughter"one of the doctors said. "I work with your mother"

"H-Hi"I mumble. "Which room she's in?"I ask.

"This one"she pointed to one of the rooms. I thanked her then walked in the hospital room seeing my mom sleep.

"I didn't know your last name was Gibson"tre mumble.

"I thought I told you my last name"I smiled at him.

"Nah you didn't"he sat down covering his face. "I'm sorry about everything. This my fault, all of it"

"I don't blame you at all"I said. I sat next to him looking into his eyes. "I know your lifestyle and I know the consequences"

"So why don't you leave me alone and focus on school?"tre got up from his seat. "Leya I don't want to see you hurt like this or dead. I want to see you succeed"

"But why can't I succeed with you?"I sniffle. "Tre I really like you"

"I like you too. Actually love you but I can't see you like this. I don't want you hurt"he said. He open the room door looking out in the hallway.

"So you really leaving me like this"I cried. "After all I been through, you just gone up and leave"

"I can't be here. Spend time with your momma"he walked out the room leaving me all alone.

All I could do was cry. That's all I been doing today.