CHAPTER 8

Arnav came to his room started pacing from one corner to another corner thinking about the incidents where he had intentionally hurt Khushi when there was no fault of hers. 

Khushi came back to his room started folding her remaining clothes and arranged in the cupboard ignoring Arnav.... 

Arnav couldn't tolerate her ignorance and knowing he was at fault here he moved towards her from behind and called her name realizing that she had stiffened sensing his presence....

 Slowly he held her hand in his and made her to turn to look at him when she looked at him without any emotions or expressions on her face.....

 Arnav made her sit on the bed and kneeled beside her near her legs holding her hands in his when she looked at him confused.... 

ASR(softly):I was 12 when my mom committed suicide!! 

Khushi looked at him shocked because he was sharing his past for the first time....but stayed silent wanting him to continue....

 ASR(softly):It was Di's marriage day and one affluent family had agreed to marry her even though knowing her she was handicapped...Di was very happy...and me too seeing my Di getting her Rajkumar....somewhere i felt that I was going to be guilt free because it was because of me she had lost her leg!! 

Khushi looked at him shocked not knowing this part of the story...she didn't  know that because of Arnav that Anjali had become handicapped... 

ASR(sighs):Yes Khushi...we were playing in the terrace when i was 8 in Sheesh Mahal and I was playing at the edges of the railings when di kept on telling me to come back as I was playing near the edges .Suddenly I felt like losing balance and was about to fall when Di pulled me but she lost her balance and fell from the terrace!!and as the construction was going on in some part of my house her leg got hit by the iron rod placed below crushing her right leg below her knee!!! 

Khushi gasped listening to this...when unknowingly her hand tightened around his feeling the pain his sister had to go through!! 

ASR(softly):I was shocked to react Khushi!!But hearing her cries all rushed towards her and took her to hospital...along with me as i was too shocked to understand what was happening around me!!Later Doctor told that her leg injury was major even though she could be operated she wouldn't be able to walk like never before ...i felt miserable Khushi because of my 1 mistake my di had lost everything in her life....I wanted to tell everything to my mom but soon Di regained consciousness..and we all went in...and my parents told her the fact that she would not be able to walk properly again in life and told her that we would always support her....she was trying to be strong Khushi but I know she was internally dying knowing that she will never be able to run or jump or dance like she wishes!!!When everyone left I stayed back with her and cried seeking her forgiveness..and told her that i would tell that I am responsible for this to mom and dad but di stopped me saying.... 

FLASHBACK

 Anjali(softly):What has to happen is already done....if I hadn't saved you from fall probably u would have lost your life because of your age and petite figure...at least see I am alive and don't worry I am fine don't blame urself for this!! 

Arnav(in tears):But di......your leg....

 Anjali(in tears):Don't cry chote!!!it's ok even though i cannot walk properly I know u will be my side by my pillar of strength as my support always right??? 

Arnav(in tears):I will Di.......I promise...from today I will be your support and protect you from everything....!!

 Anjali smiled and hugged her brother!!!