CHAPTER 10

Arnav stood in the same place not even caring for how many minutes he stood but he knew whatever Khushi told was true he had punished innocent soul again and again without any mistake of her's...he was jerked from his thoughts when his phone started ringing and he picked it up half-minded as it was an important call from his client.

After some time Arnav had to go to the office due to sudden work he got ready and left informing Khushi to which she just nodded her head.

7.00p.m

Arnav came back home tired and early because his di had kept on calling him to be back early as she had invited Sheetal for dinner though he hated this idea so much but couldn't go against his di because of his usual habit!!

He came to his room to find Khushi nowhere...he called her but she did not pick the call also he thought she might be downstairs in the kitchen saying that he took bath and changed into his usual clothes and proceeded towards the hall where only Nani was sitting where rest of them were busy in arranging the food and cooking...

After 5 mins of wait thinking Khushi is still in the kitchen he saw NK coming inside through the entrance...

Nani(smiles):NK beta did Khushi beta get train??

NK: Yes Nani I made her sit in her seat and came once the train started...

Nani(sighs): Good....

ASR(confused): Nk, Nani?? what are all these?? where is Khushi?

NK(sighs): She has gone to Lucknow...

ASR(shocked): What ?? why??

Nani: Chote there was some bank-related work that she had to finish her dad's and for that, she had to go there immediately...

Arnav chose to remain silent because he didn't know anything about Khushi's departure to Lucknow or her bank work...

ASR(sternly): NK!! into my room now!!

Nk shakes his head and follows him knowing that he wanted some answers from him too....

IN-ROOM

ASR: What is going on NK?? Khushi went to Lucknow?? she didn't even tell me??

NK(Laughs): seriously Arnav!! glad at least u remember that there is a person called Khushi in the house because I thought there is only one daughter in the house that is ur darling di!!

ASR(angrily): Don't spk when u know nothing about the matter!

NK(smiles): Oh!really?? then u tell me for what reason Khushi Ji is banned from coming outside her room when ur di is in the hall or anywhere in the house and for what reason she is not even given food by Payal Ji or anyone and why is she not allowed to enter the kitchen?? and u who dump her like a piece of shit and go to party with ur di and Nani...

ASR(shocked): What Khushi is not allowed in the Kitchen?? but why??

NK(amused): Seriously Arnav...wat do u think Mami has made her life hell if she comes out of the room and her sister has become so selfish that she just thinks about her life anymore and Nani Ji willingly goes blind to all these because its good for Anjali bitiya.....and u.... well I don't have any words to tell u how u treat her!!!

What is her mistake Arnav?? you know when u were kidnapped how much Khushi Ji had struggled and hid her pain in front of di to get u out of the clutches of that Shyam...but u are nothing but giving her only pain!! and why should she tell u anything u were not there anytime with her with what right do u expect her to come and tell u about ur problems and pain??

ASR(gulping): Where is she staying?? and when is she coming back??

NK:I have one of my friend's guest house there I have arranged for her stay there...about coming back I don't know once her bank work finishes I think she will come back...I am leaving if all ur questions are answered...

NK turns back to leave when stops listening to Arnav's voice...

ASR(softly): U love her a lot don't you??

Without turning back...NK speaks...

NK(sighs): Yes I do.....but not more than how much u love her.... but I sure know how to treat her and respect her for the precious girl she is in which u stay far behind than me....!!!

NK turns to face him...

NK(smiles): U know Arnav what my life's biggest regret would be I could not make her fall in love with me because she had already chosen u above everyone else....when u don't even know what u have lost because of your ego and careless attitude!! and all this I am not helping her to make her mine but to be with her too give her support at this point of time which she needs but if in future she wants to give us a chance or me a chance to be with her I would definitely say yes....

Arnav looked at him a bit surprised for such comment

NK:(SIGHS)But as a brother I would want you to be with Khushi as I know how much you love her and how much you mean to Khushi ji also but as a person who loves Khushi Ji dearly, I would want to be selfish and take her away from you people who have given her only pain nothing else.....

BALL IS IN YOUR COURT ARNAV.....

WITH THAT NK LEAVES WITH SHOCKED ARNAV BEHIND WHO WAS LOST IN THOUGHTS.....