1 ~ Beginning of the End

- Abhishree POV -

I was looking at myself in the mirror because it was the only thing I could do then. The order had been passed to keep me behind the doors all the time. I looked at myself, wearing the Armour, and then at my hand carrying a sword but the doors were closed, and I could easily see through the reflection of the mirror. 

I was helpless at that moment, our whole empire was helpless. We were about to be finished and I was locked in the room of a chamber under the sight of securities. I hated my brother for this. I would always hate him for this. This was the time when dice could be twisted. But looking at me, I realized that I could not even help my army, my people, my empire, or even myself.

I hurriedly walked towards the door to find any, just any way to unlock it. I had to help my only brother. I had to save us from all that. Tears started slipping from my eyes as the voice of people screaming, swords clashing and the smell of blood filled in the air. My heart was racing, I tried hard to unlock the door to get outside but nothing was working.

I walked here and there helplessly. I knew my brother or the King of the Pratapgarh wanted to save his only sister from one of the strongest empires having attacked us. But he should have understood that I could help him and help the army too on the battlefield. I had always been a strong girl, learning how to use various arms and weapons. I had always spent time learning weapons techniques and strategies to use in war. But, the time was not even giving me a slight chance to fight for our pride and respect. And Considering being a girl, I was locked in the room.

The tears were rolling down and my heartbeats were just racing with each passing moment and increasing voices of screams and swords clashing. All the ladies and children were locked here and there for the sake of protection and being a Princess I was locked in the safest place. But, it did not seem safe at all because of the growing fear in me of losing my Brother or the King of the empire. After my father, he was announced to be the King at an early age. He was only fifteen when he wore the crown for the first time. It was way too difficult for him to manage to be a King at such a small age. But, he always fulfilled his responsibilities wholeheartedly and I always respected him for that.