Chapter 25

Nancy

I sighed as I looked at my phone. Another two days has passed with no luck of finding where Brandy was. Something was telling me that she went back to Texas. I've been texting her all day. I just needed one response. Please baby. I went to texting again.

"I'm so sorry I hurt you. Please...I need you." I pressed the send button and rest my head on the table. I just slid deeper and deeper into depression everyday. My eyes followed the movement of the person going to the refrigerator. I was still at Recheals house in her kitchen sulking. I couldn't go back to my house. Not yet anyway.

I watched as Yolanda poured her a glass of water. The woman was so gorgeous. Everything about her was beautiful. Inside and out. She looked at me giving me a weak smile. She still pitied me. I no longer cared. I just wanted my baby back.

"You are so gorgeous." I simply confess. She blushes.

"Thank you." I smile. My face was still pressed against the table. I knew I looked like a fool. "You have a beautiful body also. You work out everyday?"

"About three four days out of the week." I give a weak nod.

"How come you and Brandy never hooked up? You know before you and Recheal began dating?"

"That's a crazy question Nancy. That woman was in love with you. I had no chance." That made me smile. "In fact she told me I had no chance." She said laughing. "That woman didnt want no one but you. It wasn't about looks to her. You had her heart. So regardless of how gorgeous or beautiful anyone was no one could amount to you in her eyes. She once told me that she was obsessed with you. In a loving way and I felt that. Right then I knew I had no chance. No matter how much I flirted or came on to her she would not budge and would put me in my place real quick. That friend zone. I always feared being put in that category when it came to someone I was attracted to but with Brandy I was cool with it. She was a real true friend. I haven't had that in so long that it was like a breath of fresh air when it came to her. She was real and genuine. And you're not the only one that misses her." Tears slid down my face. Right then I knew I not only fucked up for myself but the relationship she built with Recheal and Yolanda was dead to.

"You tried to get in contact with her to?"

"Everyday. And like you she won't return my texts or calls. Shes still around you just have to find her. Stop having this pity party and inpervise."

"I don't know where to start."

"First you can sit up and go take shower." We both laughed.

"I don't stink."

"No but you're about to get there though." I wiped my eyes. I was about to stand when she stopped me.

"Instead of texting and calling her all day. Try contacting her threw her realtor company. Or calling hotels and act as a relative or something to see if she's there." I perked up.

"That's a smart idea." She smiled. "Why haven't I thought of that?"

"Because you were too busy crying. Be done with that and go find her." My smile widened. "Stop being the negative Nancy and become the persistent Nancy again. She told me about your stalkerish ways back in Texas." I laughed.