20

The following morning, I woke up super early to pack and prepare breakfast and a quick dinner prep for Tito before getting ready for school. 

"Nena, you leaving today right?" Tito asked as I cleaned up a bit.

"Yup. I made breakfast and prepped some dinner for you. All you have to do is put it in the frying pan and heat up the rice." I replied.

"You're the best nena. If I don't see you when you get home from school, I want you to know that I love you and I want you to be safe." He said.

I grabbed my bookbag and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. 

"I love you too Tito. I'll probably see you, but if not I'll call you when I get there" I replied.

"Alright Nati. Have a great day at school" he said while kissing my forehead. 

I smiled at him and walked out to meet the crew.

"Good morning! You look extra chipper this morning" Ruby said.

"Yeah that's cause she's going away with Oscar this weekend." Cesar replied with a smirk.

"Oh shit Nati is gonna get dicked down. Now I see why you're so smiley" Jamal replied. 

"Shut up guys. But yes, you're right. I'm a little excited to go away" I replied. 

"A little? Girl, Id be psyched to go away with Cesar" Monse said. 

"Well yeah, I guess you're right" I replied.

I wanted to tell her about New York and that this was a trial run for when we might be moving away, but that wasn't my place especially since Oscar still hasn't told Cesar yet.

We walked to school and the whole time I was in my head about the trip. What if we end up bored after the first day? Or even worse, what if we started getting on each others nerves and argued? 

As soon as we got to school, we went our separate ways as per usual.

"Nati, wait." Cesar said as he grabbed my arm.

I stopped and looked at him.

"Relax. Oscar is really looking forward to this. Everything will be just fine. Just go and have fun. He needs this" Cesar said.

"Thanks Cesar" I replied with a smile.

Somehow that calmed me down and I was able to get through all my classes. 

When the day was finally over, I rushed home and quickly changed into something more comfortable.

"Ready to leave?" Tito asked as he left his room.

"Yes sir. I'm nervous but excited. I'm gonna miss you though." I answered.

"I'll miss you too nena." He said.

I grabbed my little bookbag and my weekender bag and gave Tito a kiss on his cheek.

"Please be safe and stay out of trouble" I said.

"No worries about that. This girl I been talking to plans on staying the weekend. I'll definitely be busy indoors" he chuckled.

"Good. I'm glad. You need a little tender love and care" I laughed.

"Have fun hermana!" Tito replied as I made my way to the door.

"You too" I said as I walked out. 

I made my way to Oscar's and walked up to the front door. Before I could even knock, he opened the door. 

"Hermosa!" He excitedly said.

"Hey babe. You seem happy" I replied.

"Of course nena. We're going away. Come in relax. I'm packing a couple of last minute things and we'll leave" he said as he took the bags from me and placed them on the sofa.