Chapter 2:

Thoughts of Beast plagued my dreams for the week following. That had been the first time in a year that he's spoken to me. I hated the fact that he still had any sort of affect on me. Even after all this time he still has power over me.

To stop thinking about him I threw myself into work. I picked up a few doubles to keep me busy. Unfortunately that also meant that Leanne had to force me to take a day off. She wanted me to rest, go shopping or something of that nature. An easy day just for me.

I decided to go for a jog. A nice little run would clear my head and exhaust me into a dreamless sleep. Since I was in middle school running was something I did just to feel at peace. That peace was something I wanted today.

It didn't last long. The peace was interrupted by the loud roar of a motorcycle that drowned out the music from my headphones. I tried to ignore it, turning up my music. The motorcycle still drowned it out.

After a few blocks I noticed that the motorcycle still hadn't gone past me. Glancing around I stopped when I noticed who it was. Arms crossed, I glared at the biker. He stopped riding as soon as I stopped.

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask him annoyed.

"Stopped by the bar. Leanne told me you had the day off." Beast said, parking his bike.

"Yeah, it's my day off. Still not exactly answering my question."

He shrugs. "Thought I'd invite you to the club's bonfire tonight."

"Why would I want to go to some crazy slut party?" I ask.

Everyone has heard rumors of the club parties. I knew a few of the girls that have been there. The Grimm parties were the wildest event in town. They make any Frat party look tame. The last thing I wanted was to go to one and be used like a prostitute.

"It's Ray's old lady's birthday." Beast informed me. "It's Judy club members, their families, old ladies, and close friends tonight. No sluts."

I sigh. "Fine. I'll come. What time should I get there?"

"I'll pick you up around seven." He says with a nod.

"Do I need to bring anything?" I chose not to fight him on him giving me a ride, considering I didn't exactly feel safe driving into their clubhouse alone.

Beast looks at me for a moment before answering. "If you could make that crab dip you used to make in high school that would be great."

"Yeah I can do that." I tell him.

With a nod he cranks his bike up. Without another word he drives off down the street leaving me standing there watching him.

Why was I doing this to myself? I shouldn't be doing this. Being around him would just make me miss him. If I ever wanted to move on from him then I would have to avoid him.

I finished my run so that I could shower before running to the store. The hot water didn't help to ease my concerns for tonight. It was too late to back down though. I prepared the dip before getting ready. I decided on a sassy but casual outfit for the night, showing a bit of cleavage just to be daring.

Beast arrived right on time. He said nothing as he helped me carry the dip to his bike. I climbed on behind him, cautiously wrapping my arms around him. As soon as he started to drive I was forced to tighten my grip. I felt the rumble of his chuckle. Instead I focused on the intoxicating smell of leather, smoke, and him.

We arrived at the clubhouse a bit too soon for my liking. The tattoo and autoshop seemed quite for the stories that I had heard. Beast had said it was a small gathering this evening though. He lead me around one of the buildings. In the distance I could see a nice large fire with a group gathered around it.

A curvy brunette came running over to us. She embraced both of us. "I'm glad you came."

"Happy birthday, Daria." I told her.

She grabbed my arm. "Thanks, hun. I'm glad Beast invited you."

He grunted at that as he quickened his pace to walk in front of us. Daria paid no attention to him as she chatted away wanting to catch up. I only half listened to her as I watched Beast interact with the others of his club. He greeted everyone with a handshake hug before grabbing drinks.

"Thanks." I mutter to him as he hands me a beer.

As the night progressed I didn't really speak to anyone, feeling like an outsider among this close knit group. Over the course of the night I started to move closer to Beast. He surprised me by wrapping a arm around me, pulling me tightly to his side.

"This is mostly what my world is like." He leans in close to tell me. "We're a family. I'd die for any of my brothers or their family."

I didn't know what to say. Wrapping my arms around his waist I gave him a squeeze. "All I've wanted is for you to be happy."

Beast hugs me tightly. "I've missed you."

My heart pounded in my chest at his words. For years I've missed this man as if he was apart of me that I lost. Before we got together we were friends. It's hard not to imagine him in my life but it had become the harsh reality I had to live with.

"I missed you too." I say in a soft voice.

Beast swoops down to give me a soft and gentle kiss. It was a brief kiss yet it left me breathless. For the moment I chose to embrace the tender moment between us. In that instant the Callum that I once know washed over the features of this muscled biker in front of me.

"Stay with me tonight." He says as his rough fingers caressed my cheek.

"One night." I agreed, leaning into his touch.

We stood there for a while, holding each other closely. I watched the fire as it burned. It's warmth nowhere near the large man beside me.

One night. That's all I would allow myself. One night to be able to relive my childhood sweetheart before I moved on.