Chapter 7

The 'old ladies' that Beast wanted to introduce me to consisted of Linda and three others. Liddy was was attached to Carp. Anne was attached to a man called Orion. Then the one closest to my age, Alice, was dating Leo- who I knew from coming into the bar. They easily welcomed me into their arms while Beast went off to who knows where. 

"I hear you're expecting a little one!" Liddy says, looking me over. "I'll bet you won't show anything until the very end, you're so tiny." 

My hand flew to my stomach, caressing the non-existent baby bump. "Yeah, it just kind of ended up happening."

"I hope the baby takes after you. Especially if it's a girl!" Linda jokes. "Can you imagine that poor girl if she takes completely after Beast." 

I shrug. "I kinda want a little boy." 

That was the first time I admitted a hope for the baby. I did want a little boy. I wanted a little boy that was a spitting image of the man that I had fallen in love with all those years ago. Maybe I wanted the little boy to have my blue eyes, but I wanted a little Callum. I didn't even know what Beast was hoping for. Perhaps he wanted a little boy as well. 

"Boys are so much easier." Anne says. "I have one of each and at the end of the day, my boy is way better. Both are in high school now. One's a senior, the other a junior. My boy I trust, he's a straight A student. Wants to prospect with the club when he graduates, but other than that I can't complain with him. My girl, on the other hand, well she's definitely a handful. It's only a matter of time before that girl is running off on some man's bike." 

"Don't let that freak you out though. Not every girl is like Hadley." Linda assures me. 

"Raising either one's going to be hard." I sigh. "I don't know how easy it's all going to be."

"What do you mean?" They all asked. 

"Well I'll be a single mother." I said. "I'll have to figure out schedules, custody, daycares for while I'm at work. Not to mention I have no idea how I'm going to be able to afford any of this." 

Alice puts a hand on my shoulder. "This baby has ties to the club and we take care of our own. Whatever you two need we'll be there for you. I'm sure Beast won't let you be all by yourself either." 

"I'm just the baby mama." I shake my head thinking of the mountain like man. "He's in it for the baby." 

Linda laughs at that. "Oh, honey, you are blind. That man only see's you." 

It was my turn to laugh at this. If he only saw me he would've come back to me when he left the Marines. This probably would've been our first child as a married couple. We'd probably have a pretty little house with a white picket fence. I wouldn't feel alone. That was all just a pipe dream. All he saw was whatever made him join the MC. 

"Wait, so you're his Belle?" One of the other women that was here asked as she walked into the room.