Chapter 16

She was a princess and she knew it. At only one week old, Maddie had everyone wrapped around her tiny little fingers. Any time she made a noise, Beast would charge over to her as if someone had a gun pointed to her head. If Daddy was in the room, she had to be in his arms. Unless it was feeding time of course. 

"Her heads gonna look funny if you keep holding her." I teased him as I walked into the living room. 

He didn't even bother to look up from our little girl in his arms. "We didn't want to wake you up." 

"Bed got cold." I kissed his cheek before going to make coffee. 

It seemed she had inherited her father's ability to not need sleep. As soon as the sun begins to rise, they're both out of bed. We'd only been home for two days, but that's been two days of waking up alone. Beast was the ever attentive father. If she awoke during the night, then he was most likely to be the one to check on her. 

Maddie started to get fussy so Beast gently passed her to me. I lowered the top of the nightgown to feed her. She latched on quickly, hand fisting into my hair. Beast moved around the kitchen, making breakfast for us while I fed her. The moment she was burped, she fell asleep. 

"Shit." Beast says. 

"What?" 

"Gonna need some groceries soon." He says, cooking the last of the eggs. 

"I can go in a few hours." A yawn escapes from my lips. 

"Nah, I'll go. Ray and Linda can come help you out." He goes back to cooking our breakfast. 

I didn't argue with him. Instead I put her down in her bassinet before going to help him with breakfast. We move around the kitchen, cooking together. When I bump him with my hips he surprises me by pulling me in for a deep kiss. I can't help but moan at the force. My hands went up to feel the smooth tattooed skin exposed due to his lack of a shirt. 

"Easy, Belle." Beast growls at me. 

The worst part of giving birth was the ban on sex afterwards. I still wanted him all the time, but couldn't do anything about it. Just a few more weeks before I was healed enough for sex. It was pure torture. All I wanted was to be wrapped around him. 

By the time that we finished breakfast, Maddie was ready to be changed. He took care of that while I cleaned up the kitchen. Once the dishes were loaded in the dishwasher, I went upstairs to the nursery. Beast stood over the crib watching her, a soft smile on his face as he beamed down at her. 

"My big bad biker brought down by an infant." I giggle as I wrap my arms around his waist. 

"Not my fault I got beautiful girls that bat their eyelashes at me and have me on my knees." He puts his arms around me. 

An hour later, Ray and Linda arrived. As soon as she was in the door, Linda rushed over to take the baby away from Beast. Maddie cooed in her arms. Ray and Beast chatted as I finished up the grocery list. Diapers, food, beer, and more diapers. He gave me a kiss before heading off to go buy the groceries. 

"Thank goodness she took after you." Ray joked as he held the baby. "Poor thing wouldn't do well in life looking like her father." 

I laugh. "She knows she's cute too." 

The roar of a bike caused us all to look up. Beast had taken the car. The rest of the club weren't supposed to come until later this week. I walked over to the window to see who could be here. A bullet flew through the window, barely missing me. Ray quickly put Maddie into my arms, pushing me and Linda towards the stairs. 

We rushed up the stairs, hearts pounding. Maddie began to cry at the noise of someone beating down the door. Ray followed us up, ready to defend us. We all went into the guest bedroom. I tried to silence the screaming infant, but couldn't. Linda worked on sending a message out to the club. 

Footsteps came closer and closer. My heart pounded in my chest. I couldn't stop the tears that flowed down my cheeks. I wrapped my arms around my baby, ready to take a bullet for her. We went into the closet, hiding from the view of the door. 

The door burst open. Ray raised his gun, firing instantly. It only hit the intruder in the leg. The man quickly retaliated by shooting Ray in the chest. Linda screamed as she watched her husband fall to the ground. His dead eyes staring at us. The intruder made eye contact with me before limping off. 

Linda rushed over to Ray, pulling him into his arms. She tried to stop the bleeding, but it was too late. He was dead the moment that bullet hit him. I sat there, in the closet, rocking back and forth. Maddie kept screaming in my arms. I couldn't move though. Not even to comfort my baby. 

I don't know how much time had passed before there was a roar of motorcycles. Calvary had arrived all too late. Cops came not too long after they arrived, taking in the scene. I remained in the closet, unmoving. Orion and Leo tried to move me from the scene. I sat there, staring into the dead eyes of the Grimm Bastards' president. 

"Belle!" Beast growled, forcing his way past the cops towards me. He pulls Maddie and I into his arms, holding us close. 

Only when I'm in his arms do I begin to sob. I bury my head into his neck, crying along with Maddie. He carefully helps us up, moving us away as the cops start to examine the crime scene. Beast moves us into our bedroom. He calms Maddie down and puts her into her crib before coming over to me. 

Beast says nothing as he pulls me close to him. I sob into him, gripping onto him as if my life depended on it. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was Ray's dead ones staring back at me. He held me tight to his chest. I only moved when I felt his own tears fall onto my skin. 

"When I got that fucking call." His voice shaking. "I thought I lost you. Both of you." 

"I was so scared." I sobbed. 

"I love you so fucking much." He began to pepper my face with kisses. 

My heart swelled at that. I pulled back to look at him through blurry eyes. It's been months since I slipped to him that I still loved him. He hadn't responded, which was fine. I figured he'd been sorting through his own shit. Now, now I knew how he felt about me. 

"I love you too." I pulled him closer to me.