Chapter 18

Every member of the Grimm Bastards MC wore black button up shirts underneath their cuts. Other charters had come to show their support and mourn the loss of this charter's president.  As one group they all climbed onto their motorcycles. A thunderous roar overtook the lot of the club house as they began to roll out. The black funeral limo followed them as they lead towards the cemetery. 

I sat in the limo with the other old ladies and Maddie. Linda didn't cry. She held her head high, clutching onto her husband's cut. Her knuckles were white from the grip she had on it. The last member of her family, a cousin who was from New York, was here beside her. In two days, she would follow her cousin to the big city, leaving this life behind. 

I held Maddie close to me as we climbed out of the limo. Beast, Carp, Orion, and Leo stepped forward to remove the casket. They carried it towards the grave with the old ladies and the rest of the club following. Everyone wore a grim expression as we grew closer to the empty whole that Ray's body would now fill. 

Once the casket was in place, the men came to stand by their old ladies. Beast wrapped an arm around my waist, placing a kiss on my forehead. There was a moment of silence before the funeral had begun. We all stared at the casket that now sported an American flag representing Ray's time in the army. 

The priest had been from Ray's military unit. He told a few stories of the man that he had known. A few of the members got up to speak as well. The last to speak was Linda. She stood beside the grave, shaking. Her voice kept breaking as she spoke of her love for her late husband. She kissed the petals of a single rose before placing it on the grave. The moment the flower laid on it, she collapsed to the ground crying. She didn't move until her cousin went over to help her up. 

As the casket was being lowered, several of the men raised their guns to do a twenty one gun salute. Maddie began to cry in my arms at the loud sound. I placed a kiss on Beast's cheek before taking her away from the scene to silence her. We went back to the limo, climbing in. I silently cried for the man that had died protecting us as I rocked the crying infant in my arms. 

When we were back to the clubhouse, the drinks began to pour. In the safety of our own scene, everyone began to tell stories of the man that we had lost. Some were funny, others touching, then a few were not exactly appropriate, but Ray wouldn't have had it any other way. We all laughed and cried as the family that was the MC. 

Everyone was  bit surprised when Beast stood up to speak. He always hung in the background when it came to having attention on him. I gave him a weak smile, waiting to hear what he had to say. 

"Almost two years ago, I came back from the Marines a shell of a man. I'd had so many plans for when I came back, but memories of things I'd done haunted me. Ray had found me fighting in a bar one night. He pulled me off of a man that I was very close to beating to death. He saw how fucked up I was and brought me to this clubhouse. He showed me the way of the club, gave me a home when I thought that I shouldn't have one.

"One night, I was drunk and told him about this girl I had left behind when I'd enlisted. He told me to get my head out of my ass and talk to her. As you all know, I'm stubborn, so I ignored his advice. Then a few months ago, he pushed me to invite her to his wife's birthday. I was terrified. Afraid that she would only see what I had become. Without Ray, I wouldn't have her or my daughter. Ray gave me a purpose in life, filling the void. He gave me my club, my family, and my home. For that, I will always be thankful." Beast finishes, raising his glass. 

I pulled him in for a kiss as soon as he was back by my side. "I'm glad that you finally followed his advice and got your head out of your ass." 

He chuckles, kissing my forehead. One of his hands reached behind me, squeezing my ass. "Yeah, now I just have to put up with your ass." 

When the party started to get rowdy, I took Maddie up to our room. I returned with the baby monitor on my hip. Without her in my arms, I was now free to drink. She'd switched over to formula, so I didn't have to worry about it. As soon as I was downstairs, Beast pulled me onto his lap and handed me his beer. 

"A man that greets me with a drink." I grinned at him. "That's how I know I've got a good one." 

Beast rolls his eyes. "It's just a beer. Nothing harder than that for you until the doctor gives the all clear." 

Of course his mind would turn to sex. Nothing but beer and wine until I was cleared for sex again. He insisted upon this due to the fact that if I have anything stronger I would try to jump him. That was his opinion anyways. Though, I had consumed a lot of tequila and whiskey when we had conceived Maddie. 

"Two more weeks, think you can handle that?" I ask him. 

He groans into the crook of my neck. "I'll manage." 

"Keep it in your pants, brother." Carp teased as he came over to us. "Izzy doesn't want to pop another one out in nine months." 

I laugh. "Yeah, Beast, give me a few more months to recover." 

"Fuck all of you." He growls with a hint of a grin on his face. 

I looked around at the scene in front of me. Friends, family, and club members all gathered together. This was my life now, my world. We were all a family. They would all lay their lives down for anyone in this room. Without this club, I wouldn't be here today. This was now my home. You love the man, you love the club. 

Looking at the weathered biker I sat on, I couldn't help but smile. I loved him. There was no denying it, there never was. He was it for me. 

"Keep looking at me like that and it won't be another couple of months before you're knocked up." Beast whispers in my ear. 

I give him a kiss. "You heard your president. Keep it in your pants."