21

Unknown

It was 9 in the morning and ayah was still trying to sleep. Whereas sleep seemed the furthest option in her mind. She knew she had to sleep, thus she was going to be tired all day long. It was still difficult for her to believe that it was her wedding today. She didnt expect a life full of happiness.

As she was laying on the bed she took a moment to remember all the blessing she was bestowed with. Although the almighty took her parents away from her at the age of 20, she still had memories of them to survive. A loving family she found in ayesha and umar. A new friend she was blessed with eram and a wonderful fatherly figure in muhammed.

And the one she never expected, a best friend, a companion and a life partner from shayan. She didnt knew how her life would be. She didnt expect anything from shayan. She didnt expect him to be a saint. She wanted to step into this marriage with zero expectations and hundereds efforts.

Her inner self was in a chaos just as the world out of her room was. She collected her collection of messed up thoughts when there was a knock on there door.

She turned around and pulled the blanket over head, pretending to sleep. She wasnt just ready to wake up. Her hand beneath her blanket with the mehendi pricking her delicate skin.

When even after several knocks ayah didnt dare open the door ayesha and eram came inside along with her bridal dress. But when they saw her turned around, sleeping soundly they both gave each other a suspicious look. No matter how good ayah was at acting she couldnt escape through ayesha's experienced eyes.

Because she remember that the first day of her college. She didnt want to go she had done the same. But the only difference was  that she had to believe but this time she didnt.

Eram and ayehsa both knew that on their wedding the bride could never sleep, hence slowly eram marched towards the bed. Bringing her hands forward she started tickling ayah.

Laughter erupted in the room. The sound of her own, genuine laugh made her feel delighted. "Stop." She creaked out. Once seeing that ayah was wide awake now eram retreated her hands. But unlike here where in every corner of the house you could witness happiness, shayan's house wasn't exactly how it should have been for wedding.

"Shayan you dont speak to your mother like that." His father stated.

"More like step mother. Its my nikkah today and out of all the day she decided it was best to ruin this day."

"She wants the best for you. If she is saying that you should rest for awhile what's wrong in it? She is just looking out for you."

"I don't want her to look out for me." Shayan stormed out of the room, leaving behind his father shocked. They too had relatives in their house but nobody knew what happened behind the doors. Nobody even dared to know.

The house was filled with people. Shayan directly went into his room. He was angry at katheeja. He didnt know why.

He knew he wanted to rest. He was tired and was going to be more tired maybe. He just didn't want to rest now because katheeja said.

He just couldn't accept katheeja as his mother. He couldn't. So he let his frustration out as hatred towards katheeja.

He buried his anguish and lonely feeling deep inside his heart. He looked at the ring he bought for ayah, kept delicately on the side table. He was so ready to start his life. He wanted ayah to take away his loneliness. That day on the park when he talked to her, he was stupid enough to think that by hurting ayah he could easily conceal his feelings.

His stupid self made him realise that no matter what, after years of being apart, he still wanted to be with her just like before. His passion for making her talk to him hadn't changed a bit.