27

It was 5 in the evening when ayah finally took some time to look through her closet to find something appropriate to wear. Of course she would wear burka but she didnt know which one in particular.

She went through the shelves of burka and shawls but nothing caught her attention. She settled onto the a simple burka.

She removed the bracelet her aunt had gifted her for her birthday. Once she had placed everything she wanted to wear on the bed it was already 5.45.

She went for a hot shower. The hot water soothed her aching bones. She hurriedly came out of the bathroom once done.

Because It was already 6.10 and shayan would be here any minute she blow dried her hair which she hated doing.

She wore her burka and the bracelet. She applied some kohl to her eyes and strawberry lip gloss on her lips. She didnt wear her hijab. Shayan was still not here and she didnt want to be sweaty.

The door opened and shayan entered the room. He looked exhausted.

"Sorry Im late." He went straight to the closet. His hair was ruffled and messy as if he ran his hand through it hundreds of time. His tie hanging loosely around his neck and sleeves rolled up. He rummaged through the clothes. He settles onto a dark wash jeans and black t-shirt.

Ayah stood at the closet door.

"No thats okay but you look tired." She noticed. His eyes were slightly a shade of red. Making it obvious how tired he was.

"Yeah, had alot of work and those investers weren't ready to sign the contract. They made us present the same presentation 5 times"

She contemplated for awhile about canceling their plan. Ayah felt pang of guilty for going out and enjoy when shayan was so tired. She felt happy that he was considerate about her but she couldnt go out when shayan was so exhausted.

"Shall we stay at home today?" Ayah asked.

"Why? Didnt you have high expectations about it?" Shayan teased.

She smiled at him. She knew if she mentioned about not going because he was tired then he would force her to so instead she turned the tables.

"Im not feeling good."
He took long strides and in an instant he was beside ayah.

"Im not tired if that's why are you want to cancel the plan. We can go. Besides I have been looking forward to it from morning." He winked at her. She chuckled.

"Get ready" shayan went to the bathroom. Ayah grinned to herself. She turned to the dresser and picked up her shawl. She wrapped it carefully.

Once they both were ready they went downstairs. They bid goodbye to imran and katheejah.

Once they were seated in the car, a comfortable silence engulfed them. They were quite until they reached their destination.

Shayan hurried out of the car and opened the door for ayah.

"Im really excited for this." He said.

"Me too." She smiled at him.

"Ohh me too situation." She chuckled at his words. He surely did know how to revolve the world around him.

My world.

The manager met them when they entered the restaurant. He greeted them politely.

"Sir, Have you booked a table?" He inquired.

"Yes. Table for two. Shayan Imran."

"Let me check." He went to the reception table and typed in a few words in computer.