Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"Are you guys ready for the trip tomorrow?" tanong ni Ivy sa kanila pagkaupo nila sa upuan. They are now in class. Hinihintay pa nila ang prof para syempre magsimula na ang klase.

Pinandilatan siya ng mata ni Tin. "Lower down your voice!"

Nagpeace sign na naman ito. "Hehe, sorry. Medyo excited lang ako kasi first time ito na may kasama kaming iba sa misyon!" medyo hininaan nito ang boses sa word na misyon.

Nasabi na nila kagabi ang tungkol sa mga misyon nila noon. Alam na rin nila na ang apat na taong palagi nilang kasama ay sikat na Elementalist. They are known to be the most skilled elementalist here in the academy. The students would usually call them E4 short for Elementalist 4 but they refuse and told the students to stop calling them that. Baduy daw kasi ani Ivy at Victoria. Kaya nang nag insist ang mga studyante na tawagin silang Elementalist, hinayaan na lang nila.

Mas malakas ang mga mahika nila kompara sa ibang mga mag-aaral. Kaya minsan ay nililiban na sila sa mga klase at pinapadala sa mga misyon. But their mission right now is the most important. Buhay nilang lahat ang nakasalalay.

"Nandito na ang guro."

Their class started and ended fast. May meeting raw kasi ang mga mentors kaya pinagtrain na ang iba. Sila naman ay bumalik sa kaniya kaniyang dorm para mag empake ng mga importanteng dadalhin.

Nasa kalagitnaan si Aria ng pagliligpit ng mahagilap ang isang sobre sa cabinet niya.

Where did that come from? She was sure she didn't saw that earlier nor yesterday. Saan ito nanggaling?

"What's this?" she held the envelope and opened it. Hindi niya inaasahan ang pangalan na nakasulat.

Brent

That kid? Why is he giving her that?

Binuklat niya ito at nakita ang sulat.

Hi, Mommy. I know you're wondering why I am giving you this. A month later after I visit you, you'll be able to read this. Am I right? I know that you're distant from me. You won't even call me by my name. I haven't heard you calling me by my name and that's okay! I'm sure I had you shocked when I called you mommy the first time we met. It's true, I'm your son. And you're probably wondering how did that happen. Well, you married my Dad and both of you got me!

Back to the main reason I am giving you this letter.

I have my own reasons why I did everything that I did. It was for you. I love you so much, Mom. And it would break my heart again knowing you'll fall into depravity and regret. I can't explain it to you further but I just want you to know that your future self believes in you. I have no time left in this lifetime. I need to go back to my own time.

Yours truly,

Brent Agni Hogosha Fuego

x. There's another letter from someone important to you.

Hindi alam ni Aria kung ano ang mararamdaman. Brent knew that she didn't call him by his name. And Brent is really her son. Biologically. Pero Brent Agni Hogosha Fuego. That is probably his surname. Fuego? Bakit parang narinig na niya 'yan?

Tinignan niya ulit ang sulat.

x. There's another letter from someone important to you.

Sinuri niya ulit ang sobre at nakita ang isang liham.

Kanino naman kaya ito?

Aria... I know that you don't know me. Well, I didn't even introduce myself but let's just remain that. You'll experience a lot of pain, joy, struggle, and loss. But I just want you to know that you need to be strong for yourself. Thank you for everything. Thank you for fighting and for having a strong will. Do the things you think are right. Don't doubt yourself. Don't lose hope and protect your friends.