Chapter 31

Chapter 31

"Kyio is not the deity."

"Huh? What do you mean Kyio is not the deity?" naguguluhang tanong ni Victoria.

"Does that mean the real earth deity is alive?" tanong naman ni Leo.

"Pero hindi ba sabi ng pinuno si Kyio ang deity?" tanong naman ni Tin na naguguluhan na rin.

"No, the deity is dead. Kyio's life is borrowed. He was supposed to be dead when the accident happened. And when her mom saw the earth protecting him, she thought he was the deity."

Mukhang nagulat sila. It was Aeron who digested it first. "Kaya pala parang kakaiba ang dating sa akin ng sinasabi niya. She's not from the bloodline of the leaders here. Kaya hindi siya pwedeng makapanaginip kung sino ang deity."

"And that's why she said when she saw Kyio being protected, it was then she knew he was the deity," ani naman ni Victoria.

Tumango si Aria, "Yes."

"Pero wala rin namang kabuluhan ang nalaman natin... The real earth deity is dead anyways," malungkot na ani Ella.

Umiling si Aria. "No, for the fact that nature's been protecting Kyio, his powers might still be here, finding a suitable vessel for it."

"How sure are you?" tanong naman ni Grethel. Grethel didn't help herself but to ask question. Kahit siya hindi niya 'yon napagtanto.

Hindi nakapagsalita si Aria sa tinanong nito. How sure is she? Well, she's sure. From what she heard about Kyio's behavior, she knew the power of the deity is there. She can't just tell how.

"I've ask the people here. They often see the kid talking to himself alone. It's not himself that he's talking to. It's the deity's power."

Napatunganga si Aria kay Aidan na siyang sumagot. Thank you, Aidan! She thanked Aidan on her mind. Nagpapasalamat talaga siya. She was saved by Aidan whom she's not even close nor friends too.

"How are we supposed to know that this is true?" tanong naman ni Victoria.

"When the deities are complete, they'll be talking to the earth deity's power. But the thing is, the only power that it have will be for the finding of the demon slayer."

Matapos non ay nagpahinga na sila. First thing in the morning they would be staying here to pray for Kyio. Kailangan din 'yon para sa naiwang kapangyarihan ng deity.

Some were still thinking about what Aria and Aidan said. Pero si Tin, wala. She couldn't think about it dahil ang sakit ng ulo niya! Wala naman siyang ginawa o ininom na makakapagpasakit ng ulo.

She did a fetus position. Itutulog na lang niya ito. Baka bukas mawawala na. Yes! That would be a great idea. Kailangan niya talagang matulog. Maglalakbay na naman sila. Ito ang unang bayan na natagalan sila. Usually, they would be done for not less than 24 hours. Pero ngayon, lagpas na, sobra pa.

Hay... They still have to do something tomorrow. Kaya ipinikit na niya ang mata at pinilit ang sarili na matulog. She's not sure if the others are already asleep but it's quiet inside the room. Nakapatay na rin ang ilaw kaya ang naiwan na lamang ay ang ilaw na nagmumula galing sa buwan.

The moonlight illuminates its brightness towards their room through the window. Nakasara ito pero ang kurtina ay may kunting siwang. And it's not that thick for the light to not pass.

Tin moved to find the spot where she's comfortable enough to be able to sleep. Ang katabi niya namang si Ella na tulog na ay napasipa bahagya sa kaniya dahil sa kagagalaw niya.