Chapter 12

Training had started very well. Black Canary had deducted from Phantom's fighting style and powers, with the proper training of the league the ghostly hero could easily go toe to toe with Superman and possibly win. Then she had asked him a question he wasn't entirely sure how to answer.

"Have you ever had a mentor?" Was the question in question. He had Clockwork, Frostbite and undesirably Plasmus, but did any of them count as mentors. They hadn't taught him to use his powers, and he had figured that out on his own; well not entirely on his own, but they weren't around anymore.

"What do you mean?" Phantom had cocked his head to the side, making his hair fall away from his face and letting Black Canary see his toxic green eyes more clearly.

"Has anyone with similar abilities to you ever taught you how to use your powers?" The two heroes were stood next to each other, well Black Canary stood, Phantom floated. She was observing the other young heroes spar with each other.

"There is someone else that is exactly like me," this picked the heroine's interest. She turned away from the team to cast her full attention on the young ghost teen. "He's a lot older, has more control over their power, and he even has powers I have yet to develop properly."

"So, he was your mentor?"

"Oh, fuck no-"

"Language."

"Sorry, but the dudes a real fruit loop, as bad as they come and had a weird obsession with trying to make me his son."

"He is a villain?"

"My arch-nemesis."

"That's a strong word for him."

"There's no other word for him, he's sent hunters after me, tried to kidnap me multiple times, I think he's done the classic evil thing and wants to rule the world and destroy me." through all the explain not once did Phantom take his eyes off the team. They were learning to use their weakness to their advantage.

Even with the sounds of different fights, a silence was cast over the two of them once again. Black Canary had learnt more about their new team member than she thought she would; he was opening up to them.

Everything was going great until a glowing ring appeared under where Phantom floated. The bright light stopped the spars, all of the curious as to what was happening. The ring seemed to encompass Phantom completely. Phantom looked down, the glow as a pulsating yellow and more shapes were taking form inside of it. He could make out the star shape of a pentagram and an unfamiliar language to him appearing within the spaces.

"Phantom, what is happening?" Aqualad asked as he approached the situation, worried for his new teammate.

"Well, it's never actually happened before, but I think I'm being summoned."

"That can actually happen?" Robin asked as he inspected the glowing circle.

"It appears so." Aqualad attempted to reach for Phantom, which led to him being mildly shocked as soon as he got close to the circumference of the circle.

Phantom closed his eyes as his form began to flicker in front of the team. Then he phased out, along with the glowing circle, like he was never there. When Phantom opened his eyes, he was greeted with a very poorly lighted warehouse.

"Oh, for fuck sake!" Phantom sighed. He remembered that annoying British accent all too well.

"Nice to see you to John, I assume Chas is here too," in front of him stood the blonde-haired brit alongside you young brunette woman, "you dragged someone else into your occult business?"

"Chas! We got the spell wrong; we summoned that annoying teenager!" Chas, who was stood by the door keeping guard comes into the room looking befuddled.

"I'm Zed. John is helping me handle my powers." Phantom decided there and then that he liked this woman a lot more than he liked Chas and John.

"Powers?" Chas and John were arguing near the heavy metal doors, most likely about him.

"Yeah, I'm a seer apparently, I have visions," Zed explained carefully.

"Right, Chas is not leaving this alone or letting me send you back 'til I talk to you," Phantom only raised an eyebrow at the brit as an answer, "Look, we were trying to summon the king of the ghosts-"

"And congratulations, you have." Phantom started to float like he was relaxing on a sunbed, his feet crossed over each other, and his arms resting behind his head.

"No, no, no- The text here says that the king is-"

"An imposing knight that goes by the name Pariah Dark, who possesses the ring of rage and the crown of fire and can summon an army of skeletal ghosts." Phantom recited bored.

"That's right, so why are we standing in front of a lanky teenage ghost than the scary-looking knight?"

"I defeated Pariah Dark; we removed his crown taking away his powers and sealed him back up in his sarcophagus, and somehow that technically made me the new king though I don't get coronated until I turn twenty-one."

John Constantine looked utterly baffled; he had an unlit cigarette hanging from his open mouth with the lighter lit in his hand. Zed was leaning against a table that looked just as rundown as the warehouse that surrounded them. And Chas was standing next to John with his arms crossed.

"We could still ask him-"

"Chas that's out of the question-" Chas and John continued to argue. Chas was saying that there was no harm in asking, while John wondered what a lanky, nosy teenager would know. Phantom's attention turned to the dark curly-haired Zed, and she was staring at him with hazy eyes.

"So, you're a seer?" Zed shook the haze from her eyes and focused on the floating teen.

"Yes? I think so. I have these visions that sort of show me things." She tilted her head slightly as she stared at Phantom.

"You had a vision then, weren't you?" Her eyes widen slightly.

"H-How did you know?"

"You were staring absently at me like you were seeing me but not, if that makes sense?"

"I saw you, but it wasn't you. You were older, had flaming hair-"

"Shit! Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding?" His outburst caught the attention of John and Chas.

"No, no, why would I be kidding about something I saw?" Phantom looked to be on the verge of panicking.

"I haven't changed anything!"

"What are you freaking out about now?" John chimed in. The three of them were staring at the hysterical Phantom, his breathing was frantic, and he was clutching his chest.

"I don't want to become evil!"