thirty five

last chapter got 60 votes so im updating now lol

"You're doing what?!"

"I invited Marcello and his crew to cheer practice."  Alondra shrugged.  "Coach told me to do it, I was just being a law abiding citizen.  And Marcello's harmless, most of the time.  Plus I can't exactly invite the team to a baile or quince because they're all too scared to get out of the car in East Los."

"Alo, they're gang members." Spencer emphasized, but keeping his voice low so the surrounding students in the hallway wouldn't hear them.

"Oh, you meant— no, I'm not inviting the gang.  Just Marcello, Jaime and some of the friends of Tonio and Marcos.  You know, the safe ones."

Spencer shook his head because he didn't think it was a good idea, but he also trusted Antonio and Marcos like they were his own brothers, so he didn't say anything else. "Isn't that your sister?"

The two looked down the hallway to see Madison and Katie, the cheer captain, in a heated conversation before Katie had shoved her into the lockers about 3 feet behind her. The hallway had grown silent and everyone looked at the two before Katie flipped her hair and walked away, and Madison looked around before glaring at Alondra and walking away. "The hell was that about?"

Alondra shrugged and adjusted her backpack. "I don't know, she never talks to me, but does my shoe look dirty? Lily was running around the kitchen this morning and stepped on it."

× × ×

After school after getting ready in the locker room, Alondra went to the field to wait for Marcello and everyone else while the football team was beginning to walk onto the field for their own practice. The players she knew, like Asher, JJ, Spencer and Jordan, acknowledged her presence when they walked by and had short conversations before going to warm up. Coach Baker wasn't even out yet when Marcelo showed up with Jaime, Serenity and two other people trailing behind him, looking around the stadium in awe. "Best friend, you're living like this now?" Serenity exclaimed as she was the first person to run forward and give Alondra a hug. "I know I'm not supposed to help the enemy, but the enemy has been hurting my vision for far too long and I will not have my best friend living in embarrassment."

"I wouldn't say embarrassm—"

"You should. No offense, but these girls are truly a tragedy."

Serenity had finally moved over when the rest of the group finally came over and Marcelo was the first to lean down, hug her, and ask how she's been since the last time he saw her. "Sup, estúpida."

Returning the hug, Alondra pat Marcelo's back. "Nice to see you too, pendejo."

Marcelo lightly shoved her away from him, and by now, they had all caught the football team's attention. "Hola, preciosa. I missed you."

Jaime had moved forward this time, wrapping his arms around Alondra's shoulders while hers went around his waist. "Jaime move, I want my hug." With a grunt, Evelyn shoved Jaime away and. wrapped her arms around Alondra tightly. "You're always hogging Alo's hugs."

"Ay, don't make him blush." Marcelo teased, patting Jaime's shoulder while he just let out a sarcastic laugh. "Oh, this is Tito. He knows gymnastics."

"I'm Tito."

The girls all glanced at each other with curious looks, but Alondra nodded before hugging him too. "Nice to meet you, Tito. Now, before the football coach thinks I'm making a drug deal to sell to his players, let's go to the gym."