nine

"Hold up, you went on a date with my best friend?"  Spencer asked.  He stopped Jordan from walking with his arm and moved to stand in front of him, rather than beside him. 

"Well, I mean, we didn't exactly specify what it was-"

"So you went out to eat, paid for the meal, and walked her home?  And that's not a date?"  Jordan stood speechless and rubbed the back of his neck while people walked past them in the hallway.  "Look, I ain't gonna hold anything against you.  You're cool, but I will warn you.  Just don't do anything to end up like the last guy."  Spencer said, referring to Alondra's ex-boyfriend from sophomore year. 

With that, he kept walking down the hallway, leaving Jordan alone and clueless.  He tried to think of possibilities; she had older brothers, most of her friends were guys and she herself knows how to fight.  "Wait, what happened to the last guy?  Yo, Spence!  Wait up!  What happened?"

× × ×

Alondra stood in the middle of the hallway, staring at the bookshelf that held all the trophies and medals.  She had her own section for her stuff, and her brothers had their own. Her mom really took pride in the fact that her kids always brought home trophies, now she couldn't even get to walk pass them every morning.

It's been weeks since Alondra's family got deported and they still won't tell her where they've been taken.  CPS was still trying to find Alondra's dad or any family members, but they had a deadline before she was thrown into the system.  At this point, she was thinking of packing and just running away.

In Beverly Hills and in Crenshaw, the football players were winning game after game. Alondra ended up getting a job at the frozen yogurt place Antonio worked at, but with school, cheer practice and her hours, she was barely getting any sleep. Now, she had to deal with CPS, but there was no way they'd leave her alone any time soon.

"What if you hide and they never find you?"  Shawn suggested from the living room.

"There's still bills, Shawn."

"I have a free room."

Alondra looked over to Shawn, but then shook her head.  "They won't stop until I have parents, and I tried to get emancipated but there's no one for me to emancipate from.  Plus you got Maya to worry about." Alondra walked back with 2 glasses and set them down on the table before flopping back against the couch.

It was almost immediately regretted because there was a knock on the door.  She went to stand up, but Shawn stopped her so he could look out the window.  "Aight, it's just Coop."

"Coop?"  Alondra hummed and went to the door to let her in.  "Hola, Tamia."

"Sup- Shawn?  What you doing here?"  Alondra closed the front door and went to the living room to sit beside him again.  "Woah, y'all messin' around?"

"No, we're drinking juice."  Alondra responded.

Shawn nodded, but Coop looked between them in suspicion because no one's really talked to Shawn since becoming a gang member.  "She means actual juice, too."

"Want some?"

"Nah, I'm good. I got bored at Spencer's because Ms. Grace went to the store and Dillon's at some friend's house."

Alondra looked around her house, then back to Coop while Shawn just sat there.  "I don't think this was a good place to come then.  I'm trying to not use so much electricity, so the bill won't be too high.  And I don't even have hot water anymore."

Out of surprise, Shawn snapped his head towards Alondra, and for a second, she swore she heard his next snap from how fast he did it. "Alo, I said I would help with the bills if you needed it."

"I don't need hot water, I just need water. Plus, you bought me milkshakes all week." Alondra stated.

"Wait, all week? How long has it been since you guys started hanging out again?"

"Uh, the night ICE came."

"That was like a month ago."  Alondra and Shawn nodded at Coop, who was still trying to process the fact that a gang member, and former friend of the group was hanging around like nothing happened.

The three sat in silence for a few moments, until Alondra broke it, as usual.  "You know what sounds good right now?"

"Ice cream?  I was thinking the same thing. Let's go."

Alondra and Shawn stood up, making Coop confused, again. "Whoa, what's happening?"

"We're getting ice cream, silly goose. Come on."

"Alo, I'm not no damn goose."

The three got into Shawn's car, Alondra in the back so she could "spread out", and he drove them to Jayis Ice Cream. Coop claimed she didn't want anything, 4 times because Shawn learned from Alondra that if a girl says she doesn't want anything, make sure because she'll steal your food. Coop stayed in the car, but Shawn and Alondra walked into the small ice cream shop and were immediately engulfed by the smell of ice cream and waffle cones.

The owner, a nice, elderly lady saw the two walk in and smiled. "Back again? What flavors are you guys getting this time?"

Since Shawn and her started going there, Alondra was on a mission to try every single flavor in the shop, so her flavor always changed, but she always got it in a waffle cone. "I want... cookie dough."

"I'll get rocky road again." Shawn pulled his wallet out from his back pocket while Alondra reached over and grabbed both of the cones. She stood slightly behind him while he was paying, but when he turned around she was caught red-handed. "Yo, I told you stop licking my ice cream before I even eat it."

Alondra smacked her lips, but waved to the owner as they walked out of the shop. "Coop, why're you sitting on the car and not in the car?"

"Yeah, and get your ass off. I don't want any dents."  Shawn shoved Coop and dusted off the area she was sitting on before getting into the driver's seat. 

Coop ended up bringing up the fact that she needed to make money, especially with her parents kicking her out after coming out to them.  She was running around with Shawn, but not making any money.  Alondra just sat in the back observing them.  "So... where we going now?"

"Why do you ask so many damn questions?"

"Why you so damn rude?  I just like to know what's happening so I can prepare myself."

Shawn x Alondra is my fav brotp out of all my stories tbh 🙊

35 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️