twenty five

Homecoming was taken a lot more seriously in Beverly than in Crenshaw, but the one thing that was the same was the pep rally, kinda.  Alondra preferred the way the Crenshaw team cheered, but she was stuck in Beverly and couldn't do much about it.  She offered fo help make the cheer routine better, but then the captain got offended and made her run.  To put it in simple terms, the Crenshaw cheer team was hype and always had the school cheering them on, and Beverly was pretty mediocre and had people going to the bathroom or on their phone.

"So it's normal for the crowd not to care?" Alondra questioned, looking around at her team who just shrugged. "Oh, you just gonna shrug?"

"No one said you had to join our cheer team."

"No one said you had to not take my advice to make the routine better."

"Coming from the girl who came from a barely funded school, I find it hard to believe your cheer team was better."

The captain, Bridget, rolled her eyes and Alondra stared at her with no emotion, because she was hiding it, on her face. "Maybe if you weren't such a stuck up bitch you'd see how much better we are."

"Ladies!  No need for harsh words, you're teammates."

"I don't associate myself with that."  Alondra gestured to the captain, ignoring the glare she got from her.  "I got phone calls to make."

× × ×

The door to the Baker home opened and in maroon pants and a white button up, Billy Baker greeted Alondra

The door to the Baker home opened and in maroon pants and a white button up, Billy Baker greeted Alondra.  "Hey, Alondra. You look great."

"Thanks Coach Baker.  It's weird seeing you in a suit and not a track suit."  She commented, making Billy laugh.  "Is Jordan ready yet?"

"He's in my office trying to tie his tie." Alondra nodded and started walking away while Billy went back upstairs. The office wasn't that far from the front door and had no door, so it wasn't hard to find. Inside, Jordan was looking at his reflection, slowly putting his tie on to make sure he wouldn't mess up. To not be a distraction, Alondra waited for him to finish before announcing herself. "Hey, ugly."

"Hey, beautiful."  Then. the words set it and Jordan looked over at the door entry at Alondra, then down to his outfit.  "Does it look bad?"

"No, you look good." She smiled, walking over to go hug him. "How long will it take for everyone else to get here?"

"Spence is on his way, JJ's picking up his dates, I haven't heard from Asher yet, and Liv's getting ready, so like 20 minutes?"