twenty two

The next morning at school, Ruben and Alondra were walking down the hallway together, since Madison ditched them, as usual.  "I'm confused.  So you're not dating?"

"No?  We just go out on dates, but it's not official yet." Alondra explained to her little brother. "Why are you so interested in my relationships?"

"Because it's Jordan Baker, the most popular guy in school. You've been here for like a week and you're friends with the most popular kids in all of Beverly Hills, not just the school."

Ruben had a tendency to speak with his hands, so that along with the way he was speaking made him over exaggerate a little bit. "You realize they're not celebrities, right?"

"But their parents are, so they might as well be."  Ruben shrugged and as they approached Alondra's locker, he saw Jordan leaning against it on his.  "And you got company, so I'm leaving."  Ruben waved at Jordan and turned to walk down a different hallway.

"Hey, ugly."

"There you go again.  I'll leave you right now-"

Jordan started to jokingly walk away from Alondra's locker until she grabbed his hands and stopped him from going any further. "No, no, I was just playin'. What you doing by my locker anyways?"

"Reasons." Jordan shrugged. Her question was soon answered when she opened her locker. On top of her textbooks was a cat in a cheerleader outfit and on its collar was 'Hoco?'

"When did you get this?"

"Last night after I dropped you off, I went to Build-A-Bear. That's why I asked what animal you would be." Jordan explained.

Alondra smiled and pulled the cat of her locker and then pressed it to feel the heartbeat. She pouted a little bit before holding it up to her face and turning to Jordan. "She's so cute." She said. "And yes, I'll go to homecoming with you."

Jordan sighed in relief, because when she didn't answer right away, he got nervous that she was going to say no.  Their height difference wasn't that bad, only about 6 inches because of how tall Jordan is, so he kind of had to bend over to wrap his arms around her.  "You scared me for a second."

"I wouldn't be me if I didn't scare you.  Now, let's get to class before we're late."

× × ×

"Yall, this the biggest mall I've seen in my whole damn life." Serenity stated. Her and Alondra had just walked into Beverly Hills' mall with Olivia, going to shop for their homecoming dresses. "I don't think I can afford all this." Serenity said, looking around at the designer stores that were at the front.

Alondra smacked her lips and hooked her arms with Serenity's and Olivia's. "Girl, we ain't buying Gucci or Versace. They just put these stores in the front so people keep walking. And don't worry, I stole Armando's credit card." Alondra smiled, pulling out and waving around the black credit card she took.

"You stole his credit card?" Olivia looked wide-eyed at the card, specifically reserved for the wealthy, upper class.

Alondra nodded proudly. "He never paid for anything when I was growing up, and I had to watch my brothers balance multiple jobs with school. If anything, this is my money." Serenity and Olivia laughed at her reasoning and the trio walked into their first dress shop.

"Won't he get mad?"

"He has a black credit card.  I think me spending like $300 isn't going to hurt."  Alondra shrugged and unlinked her arms to start browsing the numerous clothing racks. "Oh, I like this color."

For hours, the girls went to a few stores and tried on a plethora of dresses to find one they really liked. They would've been done sooner, but along with trying on dresses, they were also trying on normal clothes and goofing around in the changing rooms.  Olivia bought a red dress, Serenity a white dress, and Alondra a dark blue one.  All from different stores, but now they were hungry and tired. 

"What the fuck is a Chipotle?"  Serenity asked.

"They sell mexican food."

Alondra looked over, but seeing what people were carrying on trays, she sighed.  "It looks like Subway and Taco Bell had a baby."

"Come on, it's not that bad.  Think of this as your food initiation to Beverly."

"I thought that's what the sushi was for?"

The mention of sushi made Serenity grimace and turn to look at Alondra.  "Ew, you ate raw fish?"

"Yeah, but it was kinda good.  Except the green shit.  I thought it was guacamole, but it tastes gross.  And now I miss Los Primos."

lil upsetty spaghetti bc julianna (Alondra's fc) had a picture of her senior year on the soccer team and she took it down 😔 I was gonna use that for the soccer season part of the story

i forgot to put it in this story, but if you ask for updates, i'll personally make u wait longer 🥰 what we not gonna do is that

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER‼️