Chapter 13

Merideth's pov

"Boom!"

"Boom boom!"

Is it a war zone outside,I'm hearing bombs going off, i look up to see Nathan wearing a shirt.

" What going on , and what's that sound" i said as the bomb sound was getting louder.

" We are under attack and that is our alarm, dragon shifters are heavy sleepers"  true the can hibernate for a century and wake up like the slept for 6 hours.

" I can help let me come with you" beating up Celeste wasn't enough,i need to see blood, guts and gory

call me crazy i dare you , it's my life I'm a KILLER bird.

" No you can't" oh no he didn't

" What do you mean by no , i can protect myself....."

" I know" he said interrupting my speech of how I'm not a child." Your are strong , beautiful and a very good fighter, you even look good while fighting"

I'll admit it he's right about me being sexy , but  his sugar-coat of word is not working .

"I'm still going to fight and your not going to stop me "i stated with finality in my voice, that is if finality is a word .

" I know but i don't want to worry about you and fight rouge's at the same time it's stressful so please for me" he sounded so vulnerable , melting my heart alongside the speech on how you need me out there.

I sighed knowing that I had lost the argument " fine I'll go where you want to go" who knows they might need me there.

" Good girl" he kisses my forehead ,a gentle platonic kiss has never felt so good, Margo's mate kisses my  forehead all the time but it had never felt so good, heat crept up to my cheeks slowly, i looked away suddenly feeling shy.

Nathan laughs at my behavior , i run to my room to change my clothes to something warmer , i know that this is a very critical time but Spain is not as warm as California, Spain is cold people.

Nathan takes me downstairs where everyone was gathered for further notifications. As soon as I saw Carly i ran to her giving her a hug calming my raging heart.

" I thought you were going to fight with them" Carly said surprised since I normally don't back out of fights.

" To be honest Nathan emotionally blackmailed me into staying with you guys." I said reliving my defeat.

" You too?" i heard Carol say for behind me " Mason used how he suffered without me when I was kidnapped to make me stay back"

" Everyone to the shelter now do not come out unless i or Mason comes to get you" Nathan voiced out to everyone in the Hall.

" Come on let's go" Carol said dragging me through the back of the magnificent castle which i cannot stop ogling.

We came to a dead end with pictures of the Royal family, Carol dragged me to the front of the crowd. Carol touched a very old pictures frame, she pressed a button that blended closely to the frame, we heard very loud creaking noise , you know those ones from a hunter house or ghost movie, if i wasn't curious i would've been scared.

The wall opened like a door allowing us to pass, frido came to my side and we entered through the secret passage it was dark, well too dark, i could hardly see, i noticed touches on the wall, i set them all ablaze lighting the tunnels .

" I still can't get over the fact that you can do that" Carol said as we continued walking.

We came out of the tunnels entering the forest leading up to the mountains, i looked back and didn't see anything, i was stupified.

" I can tell that no one told her about the cloak keeping us from humans". Mason's Mom grace said.
" Let's get everyone to safety first"

We continued walking and got the mountainside there was a bunker with a technological twist ,they had a retinal scanner, looks like they aren't taking any chances.

Carol scanned her retinals and the door opened, as everyone entered grace and Nika counted everyone. I heard a woman cry , i saw Lily's mom running towards us in tears.

" Abigail what's wrong" oh so that's her name.

" I can't find Lily" she managed to choke out .

" I'm sorry say what !" I shouted and she flinched from my tone

" I thought I had her i looked at her when we entered the bunker but it was someone else ,what if she's lost in the tunnel" abigail said giving me a heart ache .

" Frido come on" i said walking back towards the tunnel .

" Where are you going" carol said holding my arm.

" I'm going get Lily that's what now let go" i said removing my hand from her grip.

She sighed deeply " I'm going to regret this, 1357911"

" I know the code" i said walking away.

" How did you get it"

I looked back at her and smiled "oh come on like punching the code fast can stop me from seeing it " i said and continued going back.

" What help would that dog do in getting Lily back" frido growled at Nika's snide comment.

" Don't let his cuteness fool you, he's as cruel as red"  Carly said as she entered the bunker.

Frido and I rushed through the tunnel searching for Lily i could smell everyone that went through but i couldn't smell Lily, that ironically smells like lilies.

" Frido we have to go inside maybe she didn't get to enter the tunnel" frido barked in agreement.

Coming out of the tunnel it was awefully quiet there were three heartbeats echoing in my ears.

I follow the heartbeats but stopped, if these wear rouges i need weapons.

I go to the vault and punched the code   , i take my katana , bow and quiver that Nathan must have transferred here, i found a pouch full of shurikens and God what I'm thinking of doing with them.

I went back to where I heard the heartbeats, i got to to a bedroom door, their breathing was heavy like they already knew that they were already caught,as i opened the door what i saw could never be unseen.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Hey everyone, sorry for the late update life is not simple with school going on 😢😢😢,i have to prepare for a test every week😭😭😭, pray for me🙏🙏🙏, I'll try to update again this week ,so until then💋💋💋😘😘😘😘💖💖💖💖.