Chapter 2

Today is jace' birthday my luck I don't cook on his birthday .I showered I wore grey T-shirt with a cream sweater with washed jeans ,I just took what shoe I saw and wore it i got downstairs in one piece , took orange juice from the fridge and a granola bar and left for school.

I got to school no bullies no insults to day might just be my lucky day.

" I know right" Nova said a little
bit excited

But I won't blame her she heal every injury I get every day .

' you bet I do'

I just ignored her and went to my history class luckily I have it with Catherine , can this day get any better. As I entered the classroom I saw Catherine at a corner of the class crying her eyes out.

"Cat what's wrong" I asked anxiously

"I'm not Jackson's mate"she said bursting out in years , it hurts me to see her like this.

" Does anyone know about this"

" No, no one knows why do you ask"curiosity tingling in her eyes.

" Just had to know in case "

I just stayed there hugging her before I caught scent of orange and honey suckle, my mouth began to water the scent was so intoxicating I began to sniff the air for the scent.

" Merideth what are you doing" Catherine asked as she saw me sniffing around.

"Cat ,cat stop hiding I need to talk to you" a deep sexy voice called out . 

Nova started stiring chanting words in my head at lightening speed.

The source of the intoxicating scent came to the class, damn those eye , those ocean blue eyes. He seems to have noticed that I'm his mate since his eyes turned darker then changed back to the ocean blues .

I looked at my mate's face and all happiness faded . My mate was the Duke of pranking, lord of players, king  of bullies, my personal OT ( original tormentor) number one customer of school sluts,the main user of the Janitor's closet for some reasons I will not be mentioning ,worse of all the future alpha king of werewolves
Jackson Xavier knight.

My life is over as I know it , my heart started beating at an unusual rate .

" Mate" he whispered

"What did you say" Catherine asked suddenly aware of the tension here .

"This should be a mistake" Jace shouted his eyes turning black as his wolf tries to take control of his body

"What is a mistake" Catherine said still oblivious to life.

"You can't be my mate" he said with disgust evident in his words. " I have to reject you"

" But,but we're mates it might kill me" Nova was whining in my head because it's true people hardly survive rejection they always go rogue.

"Catherine you can't let him do this"

" I'm sorry red " she went to Jackson's side. "but I had him first"

Her words were like daggers to my heart.
"But we're mates"

"I'll make this easy for us, I Jackson Xavier Black the future Alpha of Royal moon pack and Alpha king reject you merideth Nightingale as my Queen and Luna".

If I thought the pain in my back was pain ,it wasn't now I know what pain is.
I could feel my heart shattering, it hurt so much I tried to claw out my chest.

" Merideth accept the rejection and it would stop " Catherine said to me in a duh' like tone ."please you're hurting him "

In my condition she is just concerned about the jerk that just rejected me.

"I Merideth Nightingale accept your rejection and cut all ties with you may you find happiness in the future" .I felt like a burden was lifted from me ,  the pain wasn't still there I just had a numbing feeling in my chest.

"Thanks I will be happy but I can't say the same for you" Jackson said and left me there to wallow in my self pity.

" I thoughts you were my friend"I said to Catherine who stayed back .

" I'm sorry but I love him and I can't let him go"

"I will never forgive you for this"with that I ran out of the school to the only place I can find solace my angelic waterfall maybe I can slip and fall off the cliff.

"Nova please tell me this numb feeling would be better in future" I asked Nova funny thing she didn't answer me, she's always been a talkative.

"Nova ?" "Nova are you there" I was greeted with great silence.

I drifted off to sleep, maybe this is all a dream and I will wake up in my God forsaken bed.

*****

I woke up hours later it was already dark and I came here this morning . Going back to the pack house there were lots and lots of drinking nasty PDF I just went up to my room to sleep .damn rejection really took a toll on me .

I woke up with a searing pain around my abdomen I bit my pillow to muffle the sound of me shouting,Nova continued whining in my head. I knew Jackson could not keep things in his pants now this is the real pain that comes with rejection.

I couldn't take it anymore I picked up my good clothes and a box that Margo gave me and left this pack as I left the territory I felt the pack bond snap.

I felt free like I can do anything I would have been happier if Jackson wasn't my mate.

********

In the morning i woke up on a tree 'Happy birthday to me ' the beginning of my freedom.

I decided to open the box Margo gave me as I opened the box I saw
Credit cards why didn't I open them in the first place, so that's why Margo said to wait till I'm 18 .

Right now I'm going to enjoy my new life in the human world .

★★★★★★★

Hey my lovely readers don't forget to like and vote .😘😘😘😘😘😘😘