14

I ended up falling asleep in Colby's arms that night, watching videos with him. I had the best sleep I have had in such a long time which only proved that I was in love with him still.

When I woke up I looked up to see Colby still sleeping soundly with his arm draped around my waist. I smiled to myself then kissed his jawline before carefully getting out of bed.

I grabbed my phone then went into the bathroom. I had about 500 texts from Ki and the rest of the girls. I chuckled then called Ki.

"BITCH. Tell me what happened!" She screeched after the second ring. "He came back for me." I said and twirled my hair. "I know that, dipshit! Tell me what actually happened." She said with a laugh.

"He's staying for a week..I'm giving him a chance but I'm so scared, Ki. I just...I just don't want to get hurt." I said with a sigh.

"I don't think he's gonna hurt you, V. You should have seen him at the airport. He barely even explained what he was doing before he was running out of the building. He was so scared of losing you again." She said as I frowned.

"I don't get it. I left him in the dust...why does he want me so much." I said then sat on the edge of the tub.

"Violet, I don't think you understand how amazing you are. No matter what life throws at you, you just keep getting up. That's hot as hell." She said as I laughed. "Damn, do you want to date me?" I asked as she laughed.

"Yeah, but you're already taken." She said as I rolled my eyes. "Right, not really, but maybe by the end of this week." I said as she groaned. "You're so stubborn." She said as I nodded. "Yep. I gotta go but I'll talk to you later, okay?" I asked as she bummed. "Okay, wear protection!" She said then hung up before I could say anything back.

I rolled my eyes playfully then started getting ready for my day.

When I walked back into the bedroom Colby was awake and sitting on my laptop, probably checking emails. "Hey." He said quietly as I crawled back into bed and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked and looked at the computer screen. "Just trying to reschedule the skydiving session." He mumbled as I frowned and looked up at him. "What? Why?" I asked as he shook his head. "It was supposed to be this week but I want to be here with you." He said as I shook my head.

"No. Don't be silly. You and Sam work too hard for you to stop production for me." I said as he grinned and kissed my forehead. "Don't worry about it." He said then squeezed my hip.

I watched him work for a while as he caressed my hip gently with his thumb.

"What did you want to do today?" I asked as he closed the laptop. "Be with you." He said as he admired my features. "Alright, pack it in Casanova." I said with a laugh and patted his chest before sitting up.

"I need to go through those boxes eventually." I said with a sigh as I pointed to the boxes in the corner that were from my grandma's room.

"We can do that if you want." Colby said as I nodded. "Okay." I said then dragged the boxes into the middle of the room.

I looked at them for a second before taking a deep breath. "Are you nervous?" Colby asked as he got off of the bed. "A little bit. I just..the wound is so fresh still." I said and twisted my necklace nervously.

"I bet. Don't worry though, I'm here with you. We'll go through them together." He said and reached down to open one of the boxes.

We sat there going through the boxes for a while before we got to the hat that grams and I were making together.