Chapter 2 House of the Rising Sun

I turned over after a very restless night. All I could think of was the baby that was now living inside of me. I sighed as my hand slid over my stomach. I thought about the life I could have had before I met vampires; Before Stefan and Damon Salvatore. I could have lived peacefully with a family and my friends. But fate was cruel to me. I would have met Klaus eventually. Maybe in some way in the future. But I knew I would have met him. His family, drama, and hybrid side, so perhaps I would still be in this situation again. At least, I have the memories from the past to help me now. I remember wanting kids with him. When I heard for the first time that I was with a child, I remembered a thousand years ago. I was happy, but now, I am confused.

I turned on the back as I heard the familiar sound of my phone. I turned my head to see the screen light up. I watched it vibrate before finally going off. I sighed and closed my eyes again. I sat up in the bed, pushing the blankets off, and stood up. I stood up and readjusted my PJs.

I walked down the stairs and turned to go into the kitchen

I walked down the stairs and turned to go into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out the juice. I let the door close, and there stood Klaus. I rolled my eyes as I placed the carton on the counter. "Morning, love." He said as I turned to get a glass of the juice. "How did you sleep?"

"I didn't." I sighed as I poured the juice into the glass in front of me. "How was your night so far?"

"Marcel took me on a tour. Showed me how he runs the city." He explained as I heard the front door slam open. "Seems we have company." He said as he left me alone again. I took a sip of my juice as I followed the sound of the loud voice.

"Klaus, get out here and tell me what the hell have you done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" She yelled.

"Enough, with all the shouting," Klaus said after he pulled open the doors to the sitting room. "Little Sister. I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were you're doing."

"They were very rude." She explained as I walked into the room. "Trying to victimize a poor innocent girl just trying to find her way to the quarter."

I laughed as I sat down on the couch. "There is nothing innocent about you, Bex." She turned her head to me with a smile.

"So sorry. Were they friends of yours?" she turned back to Klaus. "Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends."

"I do have friends. I have Marcel." Klaus commented as he came to sit next to me. "You remember him, don't you?" I watched as she sighed at the memory. "Yes, of course, you do. He fancies himself. The king of the quarter, now and he has these rules about killing vampires. It would be fun to see what kind of punishment he comes up with for you."

"I don't care about Marcel and his bloody rules," Bex said as she stared at her brother. "I am here for Elijah."

My eyes perked up at the sound of that name. "Elijah's gone?" I asked as I faced Klaus. "What did you do?"