Chapter 28 Gonna set your flag on fire

I stood over the dining table, focusing my attention on the spell I was casting

I stood over the dining table, focusing my attention on the spell I was casting. I waved my hands over the cup of water in front of me. The candles around the cup were lit, and flames raised to the ceiling. I breathed out a long breath as I felt the energy leave my hands. It swirled around the room and seeped into the walls. The power passed through the walls and outside. I lifted my hands and rolled them to make my palms face the ceiling as I felt the energy outside the house rise into the air. "Is this even gonna work, love?" I rolled my eyes at Klaus's voice that interrupted my concentration.

"It would if you would shut up for a minute," I stated quietly as I continued the spell. The magic outside the house rose against the house walls, coating it in the spell.

"This is different from almost any spell you have used in the past." His voice was nothing but a whisper in my ear at this point.

"That's because I am adding something extra to the spell. Mostly more power." I said as my hand met together. The water in the cup circled. I looked down to see the water darken completely. The flames of the candles died down and ignited in the dark water. I smiled at the completed spell. I pulled my hands down as the water completely evaporated, creating a mist in the air that flowed through the house.

"Is that it?" I turned to see Hayley holding Hope on her hip. I smiled at them after hearing cooing from Hope.

"Yeah, this house is completely protected. Not even the best witch could find it." I explained as I stepped closer to them. Hope reached out her arms towards me, wanting me to hold her. I smiled down at her and took her from Hayley's arms. "Hi, my love," I said to her as her head rested on my shoulder. "We just have to let the spell settle a bit before clearing that out," I said to Hayley as I pointed to the cup and candles.

"That's good," Hayley stated as she looked up at my concern. "By the way, who were you talking to?"

"What?" I asked without looking at her. After a minute, the question registered in my mind. I glanced up at her and looked to Elijah, who wasn't far behind her. "Oh, no one. Voices in my head." I stated as I stepped past them. I knew that the Klaus that was with me last night was fake. My mind was playing tricks on me as well as this morning. I sighed as I sat down on the couch with Hope on my lap. She smiled up at me with her innocent smile.

"I would like you to meet the newest member of our family." I heard a very familiar voice say as he opened the door. "The little troublemaker all this fuss is about. Camille, this is Hope." He said as they both looked over to Hope and me on the couch.

"Oh my god," Cami said as she looked at us with surprise. I stood up from the couch and made my way over to them. Cami turned to Klaus to talk to him, but I didn't hear anything.

Don't do that. Klaus's voice said in my ear. She is a threat to your daughter. She can't be trusted. I blinked my eyes a bit as Cami came closer to us. I painted a smile on my face as she interacted with Hope. No one can be trusted. Not even me. I sighed out as the voice raked through my mind. I felt the pang in my shoulder as Cami smiled at Hope. Klaus came over to take her from my arms, and I gently let him. I didn't want to scare my daughter, so I let Klaus try to take her. As he reached for her, she started to cry, which was weird for her to do. She cried more when she left my arms. See, even she doesn't trust him.