Chapter 11 Crescent City

I was standing above Papa Tunde's body that was left in the middle of the courtyard

I was standing above Papa Tunde's body that was left in the middle of the courtyard. "I think I miss the days when people just egged the house," I said as I knelt beside the body. "Not that I didn't love this man, but he is not something I want to wake up to in the morning."

"Good because you should be waking up to me, love," Klaus said as he stood behind me.

I rolled my eyes as I leaned closer. "I think I know what he was killed with."

"A knife. Isn't that obvious?" Diego said from the side.

"Yes, smartass, it was a knife." I sighed and stood up. "But it was his. The one he was holding yesterday. The cut is too even." I said as Elijah came over to us.

"Papa Tunde finished Rebekah with ease, nearly took the two of us out before Dawn stopped him." Klaus gestured to the body again. "If he was supposed to be their prizefighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?"

"I don't know, but I wish I killed him," I suggested as I heard a pair of heels come up behind us. "He was super creepy."

"Well, don't you all look cheery," Bex said as she stood next to Elijah. "Listen to this...a girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving her tours. It was Monique Deveraux."

"What?" Klaus asked as I turned to look at Bex.

"The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are partying like it's some kind of bloody miracle." Bex continued.

"Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a harvest girl is resurrected." Marcel chined in. "This is how we're gonna get Davina back..."

"We just have to choose the one that is connected to Davina," I said as I turned to Klaus.

"I have a theory about who one of them could be...." Hayley said as she held up Davina's drawing of Celeste. "I mean, it's got to be. Why else would Davina draw her and say that something bad was coming?"

"True, but it's not like we can walk up to her and kill her right now," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores. Now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us." Klaus explained.

"Funny how you always come to that conclusion first." I sighed as I moved away from the circle.

"Then what else do you think it is, honey?" he asked as they turned to me.

"Maybe, one of them has a crush on you." I joked with a sarcastic tone.

********************************

 I climbed out of the back seat of the car as Hayley turned it off. I sighed as I shut the door behind me. "I thought I was gonna have to drag you here kicking and screaming."