Chapter 36 When the Levee breaks.

"Okay

"Okay. Good news, Dahlia still doesn't know that we're here." Hayley said as she hung up the phone. I played with Hope on the ground as she smiled up at me. "Bad news, she's given us until tomorrow night, and then she's coming for Hope." She said to Jackson and Erik as I stood up from the ground, picking up Hope with me.

"Then I say we get the hell out of here," Jackson said quietly more towards Hayley and his brother.

"If you want to go, I am not stopping you," I said as I placed Hope in her play-pen. "This was never really your fight either way," I said as I leaned up and turned to face the wolves.

"You knew," Hayley stated as I stepped down and crossed my arms.

"Of course, I knew. The walls all have ears." I said as I stepped towards them. "Plus, the little vanishing act that you tried to pull last night didn't go unnoticed by me," I said as I rolled my thumb over my moonstone ring.

"D, I know you married into this family, but you or Hope doesn't deserve any of this," Hayley said as she stepped closer to me. "We would have come back to get you at least. This family isn't good for her."

"This family is protecting her," I said, leaning over the table in front of me. "As much as Klaus is a pain in the ass, he is doing everything there is to protect Hope. Even when I have no idea what goes through his head sometimes."

"That is what I mean. Why has someone on your side that you can't predict? When you have many people, you will fight for you and not cross you?" Hayley said, trying to reason with me.

"You have a point there. But Dahlia is drawn to Hope's magic, and as long as we are stuck in here, I can't do anything about that." I said as I turned to face them again. Erik came to stand next to me as I leaned back on the table again.

"Even if this place is spelled, it will break either way," Jackson said as he looked towards Hayley. "I say we run."

"It's a risk either way," Hayley said as she pulled her hair back. She turned around to look at my daughter. "It's not fair. Witchcraft and spells, she didn't ask for any of this." Then an idea came to her. "Which is why she wouldn't miss it if it was gone," she stated as she looked towards me.

"You want to take away my daughter's magic?" I crossed my arms over my chest. "Are you insane?"

"Think about it, D. Dahlia can only sense her when she's using magic. So, what if there's a way of stopping her from doing it in the first place?" Hayley explained to us.

"She's just a baby. How would we do that?" Erik chimed in.

"Not just a baby. My baby." I said as I pushed off the table. "You want to seal away the magic that makes her who she is? That is not gonna happen." I stated as they turned to me.

"Dawn, the magic is what Dahlia is following; without it, she won't find her," Hayley said as she turned back to Jackson. "I have an idea, but it will be dangerous, especially now."