Chapter 29 Sanutary

I sat on the old porch that I once sat on when I was pregnant

I sat on the old porch that I once sat on when I was pregnant. I rested my hand on my stomach, remembering the past as I watched the water move slowly. "You know, I can hear every step you take," I said as I watched the water.

"It's almost creepy how you do that," Erik said as he stepped closer. I turned to look at him as he handed me one of the cups in his hands.

"You will be doing it as soon as the wedding is over," I said as I took the cup. I sipped the coffee as I turned back towards the water. "You'll get used to it." I smiled.

"Well, how are you feeling?" he asked as he sat down in the chair next to me.

"I'm still the same as I was yesterday when you, Jackson, and Hayley asked," I said as I turned my head towards him. "Nothing has changed."

He hummed at my answer and then took a sip of his drink. I rolled my eyes as I stood up from my chair. I turned to step off the porch. I heard my phone vibrate in my pocket as I pulled it out for a moment to check it. Elijah's name flashed across the screen. I didn't really feel like talking to the family right now, but he's with Hope; it might be necessary. I sighed and was about to answer the call. "I have a question for you." I heard Erik say as he stepped off the porch. I sighed and ignored the call as I slid my phone back into my pocket.

"And that would be?" I asked as I turned towards him as I lifted my cup up to my lips.

"How do you feel about meeting my grandmother?" he asked with a smile.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" I asked, confused. "I thought Hayley was the one getting married, not me. Why would I need to meet her?"

"Well, you are part of this pack now. And she is an elder." He explained with a smile.

"How am I a part of the pack? I am a vampire witch hybrid. I don't exactly have any connection to the pack besides through Hayley." I pointed out. His smile just got wider. "Plus, I think after the whole almost killing a wolf thing yesterday doesn't put me high on their trust list."

"Fine, she's the one who wants to meet you." he chuckled. "She met Hayley, who has Jackson grinning like a schoolgirl. And now she wants to meet the girl that has gotten me all smitten." He stated as he looked out at the water, trying to not meet my eyes. "Her words, not mine."

"Huh, she wants to meet me?" I asked with a small smile. "You're not going to propose, are you?" his head snapped back at me with wide eyes.

"No, not yet anyway." He joked slightly. I stepped closer to him as a slight tint appeared across his face.

"Fine, sounds fun." I stepped around him to head back to the cabin. "Just FYI, old people don't really like me all that much," I stated over my shoulder as I pulled open the door.

"Why not?" he asked as he stepped on the porch. "You're so nice."

"Nice is not usually what they call me." I laughed out. "Just ask my grandparents."