Chapter 42 The Axeman's letter.

I cleaned the plate that Hope had just finished using as I cleaned up the kitchen

I cleaned the plate that Hope had just finished using as I cleaned up the kitchen. I glanced over at her and Erik sitting on the floor playing with her toys. I turned off the water for the dishes as I listened to Hope giggling. I pulled a towel out of the drawer as Erik stood up to come and help out. "So, the party was boring last night?" he asked me as I continued to hand him the dried dishes for him to put away.

"Pretty much. If you don't count Tristen being Tristen." I left a few minor details like the lust spell that didn't work and Klaus lending a hand. It wasn't vital to tell him, I mean. He knows I still love Klaus, and that won't go away anytime soon. As much as he wants it to. "Other than that, Marcel was accepted by the Strix, and they want me to join them, but that never changed over these centuries." I sighed as I handed him the last plate. I stepped around the counter and made my way towards Hope.

"So, should I be expecting trouble?" he asked as someone knocked on the door.

"Not if Tristen knows what's good for him," I stated as he made his way towards the door. I leaned down and picked up Hope as she cooed and grabbed the ends of my hair. I turned to face my back to the door as Erik opened the door.

"Is Cassandra here?" I heard a quiet voice ask. I turned to see a lady standing on the other side of the door. I bounced Hope on my hip as I made my way over. The girl looked at me with a smile. "Are you Cassandra? The one with snow-white hair and hazel eyes?"

"Sure, let's say that I am," I said as I glanced over the girl. "What do you want?" instantly, the girl heard out a note to me with a smile. I looked to Erik to take it, but as quickly as he reached out, the girl pulled out a knife and stabbed herself in the neck. I hid Hope's face from the suicide as blood dripped down and squirted a bit on me. The girl choked and gasped for her quick death. I was more shocked that Hope was in my arms when this happened. I heard a small whimper as my shoulder became wet. I looked down to see Hope begin to cry. I sped her away from the door and started to calm her down as Erik picked up the note.

"Roses are red, Lavenders are blue. You stole from me; I will steal from you too." He read as my eyes snapped towards him. "Who send you this?"

"Aurora." I glared down at the note.

-------------------------------------

 I stepped into the compound with the crumpled-up letter in my hand. The ground under my feet cracked and dented under the pressure of my anger that fueled my magic. "Roses are red, lavender is blue. Come find me before I find you." Elijah said as he kneeled beside a girl that slit her wrists in the pile of lavender. I could smell the blood from here as I rolled my eyes.

"I see you got a message too," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. The two brothers turned to face me as my scowl stayed on my face. "At least, yours was more poetic than mine."

"What happened? You have blood...." Klaus asked as he was instantly next to me, checking me over.

"It's not mine," I said as I looked up at him. "My message was a bit bloodier than this one." I gestured towards the gentle grave. "Please, tell me that you are finally going out to kill the red-headed bitch." I begged as he whipped the blood from my face.